Snowmobile Warranty Options and Recommendations

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It thought you were in the group of almost old guy/ borderline relevant…

I wasn't blowing up any motors this year thats forsure...

Whats your point? , who are you? and were you ever relevant?

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think using warranty claim repair invoices are the most accurate indicator of repair costs.
1) Many people who have a failing engine will hold it wfo to maximize the destruction and parts that get replaced or continue to ride a damaged running engine.
2) They often replace more parts than necessary. Last engine I blew, they somehow managed to inflate the bill to $9k (warranty)
3) If I had an out of warranty engine failure, I sure wouldn't be taking it to the dealer and letting them have free rein.

While servicing these newer sleds is definitely expensive, there is definitely cheaper options when you're out of warranty. Let's not forget preventative maintenance that seems to have been a thing of the past as well.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't blowing up any motors this year thats forsure...

Whats your point? , who are you? and were you ever relevant?
Just messing around with you, Maxwell called you and Lund old and not current or relevant. In my mind I was relevant but in reality, not so much, lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just messing around with you, Maxwell called you and Lund old and not current or relevant. In my mind I was relevant but in reality, not so much, lol.

All good. I am old. But Im only a few years older than Maxwell. And He ain't getting any younger, just like everyone else

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you’re crazy to pay 2500 dollars for 5000 in coverage. JMO You blow up your sled and take it in , you already paid 2500 and if the bill is 10000, you still have to pay 5000 plus the 2500 you paid for for the warrenty. There are 850 short blocks out there for 3800.00 . I know at least 2 buddies that would swap em out ( I’m thinking 1200 bucks ish ) And between me a Brian we got a 850 short block sitting in my garage. Brian’s is only got 1000 k since his was rebuilt, mines still in breakin. We could likely give you a little discount. First sled that blows gets it! Anyway with my experience with warrenty……..Fawkin Cash Cow!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Lyle its a $5K per claim and a maximum of $10K for the entire term. And the turbo makes it a lot more complex of an switch over from a regular NA 850, big time.

Also this is a 2023 TurboR, there has been upgrades to the blocks including engine mounts, I would prefer newer parts on a newer sled, not salvaged parts.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been told by the boss! lol!

Attachments

• IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 35

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyway with my experience with warrenty……..Fawkin Cash Cow!
I don’t have a lot experience with warranties other than my 19 Summit X which the compression was monitored by the dealer 3 different times over 24 months prior to installing new top end.Compression was dropping over time and at under 90 psi they came good with new cylinders and pistons.Never seen a cost on work order but would guess $3000-$3500 parts and labour.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lyle its a $5K per claim and a maximum of $10K for the entire term. And the turbo makes it a lot more complex of an switch over from a regular NA 850, big time.

Also this is a 2023 TurboR, there has been upgrades to the blocks including engine mounts, I would prefer newer parts on a newer sled, not salvaged parts.
So, if you completely grenade a motor and the bill is say $10k, they are covering $5k and you are paying $5k. So, with the warranty cost, a guy with warranty pays $7.5k and a guy without warranty pays $10k.

That makes zero sense to add warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, if you completely grenade a motor and the bill is say $10k, they are covering $5k and you are paying $5k. So, with the warranty cost, a guy with warranty pays $7.5k and a guy without warranty pays $10k.

That makes zero sense to add warranty.

you think your only going to have one claim in 4 years after already running the sled for 3 years? LOL not a chance. your going to burn that 10k up easily

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled has 750km on it and he rode once this year and had a brain bleed.

Think the warranty company is safe on this deal.

Top Bottom