"Snowmobile Tracks Cause Train to Derail"

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cry BS. They never cleared the snow from the tracks is my opinion. Big push to blame someone other than the railway. Also makes a BOLD statement to not allow snowmobiling any where but marked trails... OMG i would sell my sleds if that was the case. Ok you can ride on this groomed trail and at 30 mph . Oh and we will have police out writing tickets should you try and have any fun!!!
UHM NOT . See that meadow i,m gonna carve it up, see that mountain i,m gonna climb it!!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely. Think of how much worse crossings at roads are from vehicles, and they don't even bother engines one bit. Obviously some people who don't know WTF they are talking about. Unless they are doing something to switches, they are not the cause. A engine will cut through glare ice and snow no problem, it will take a LOT to lift it.

Last edited:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cry BS. They never cleared the snow from the tracks is my opinion. Big push to blame someone other than the railway. Also makes a BOLD statement to not allow snowmobiling any where but marked trails... OMG i would sell my sleds if that was the case. Ok you can ride on this groomed trail and at 30 mph . Oh and we will have police out writing tickets should you try and have any fun!!!
UHM NOT . See that meadow i,m gonna carve it up, see that mountain i,m gonna climb it!!!!
welcome to ontario, except the mountain thing

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked to me more like wind drifts that were allowed to build up. I signed up and posted what the bears do in the woods!

Last edited:

Ozzy421

Reaction score
THIS JUST IN, INVESTIGATORS NOW BELIEVE THE ICEBERG THAT SANK THE TITANIC WAS A DIRECT RESULT OF SNOWMOBILERS
hey, if they can blame a sled for derailing a train.....anythings possible

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pop a wheel out in a crossing full of ice is possible if it's an empty car a locomotive I doubt. To blame snowmobiles is absolute crap.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BS, 100 ton train vs 2 inches of packed snow? Sounds like another conspiracy by the suits to stop us "renegade snowmobilers"

Top Bottom