Snowboarding in Cataract / Fording Area

freshtrax

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any decent snowboard runs in the Cataract / Fording area? I'd be great if we could find some runs closer to Calgary for those weekends we can't make ir to Revy or Valemont. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks :beer:

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
You will find some on the BC side of the pass, here's a very important tip,, where the sign says stay on the trail going over, stay on the trail. At that point, you are in the Don Getty Provincial Park, and going off trail is prohibited and very expensive if you get caught. Those slopes are a temptation, but there are better on the BC side. Avalanche conditions are extreme right now, use caution but most importantly, HAVE FUN !

freshtrax

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! When you say "going over the pass" is that the windy, rocky area where you ride from pole to pole to see your way? I've only been in that area once. Cheers!

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, that is the pass. and when you cross it you'll see one slope on your right that looks kinda nice, but not only does it slide all the time.... it is out of bounds. don't ride it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From riding the pass this year for the first time I didn't see too many slopes worth riding. There were a few, but trying to get up them with two people would be a major PITA.

Shoot me a PM. Me and another guy went to Golden and had a good time. We'll likely be going out again once avy risk goes down and we get some snow. There are good slopes, they are just hard to find around here. The slopes you do find are rare to get up easily with two on a sled. I know of two places that are decent.

Top Bottom