snowboard mount xp

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Cheetah rack and it is one of the best things I got for my sled. Really handy, and super solid. No rattling or shaking, keeps your board away from your feet, and you can get a bag for it as well since there's no storage on the XP.
Got mine at GSR in Golden.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made a simple rack system for my REV. I think a similar job could be done on the XP's. Cheap. Did it for like 20$ and just used our shop to do the metal.

Holds two boards without issue. Super solid, however the boards are on the foot channels, but I find they don't bother me unless I'm really doing tricky stuff. The other downside is there is a bit of wear on the boards because of the cheap materials. I hope to fix that with a little work this year though.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I made a simple rack system for my REV. I think a similar job could be done on the XP's. Cheap. Did it for like 20$ and just used our shop to do the metal.

Holds two boards without issue. Super solid, however the boards are on the foot channels, but I find they don't bother me unless I'm really doing tricky stuff. The other downside is there is a bit of wear on the boards because of the cheap materials. I hope to fix that with a little work this year though.

send me some pics

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
send me some pics

I'll see what I can do. I need to get the sled out of hibernation here soon. I'll see if I can grab a few showing the "mount". Cost me I think 20$ in snowboard buckles and the metal/bending was free. Maybe 5$ of bolts.

Never have an issue with it. I've rode some pretty deep snow and didn't even realize it's on the back after awhile.

YellowMissile

Reaction score
I found Knight Rider Racks to be the cleanest looking snowboard rack for my 146. The kit comes with both sides but I only need one board rack so I split the kit with my brother. The only thing I added was an elastic from a set of burton gloves and attached it to a supplied eyelet mounted in the opposite side of the tunnel and the ratchet strap. Keeps the strap from hanging off the side of the sled when not in use. I also swapped out the rivets for stainless acorn nuts and machine screws. Super sturdy setup with a board in it and the ratchet strap is designed to break away if the sh!t really hits the fan.

Phone01085.jpg

Phone01095.jpg

YellowMissile

Reaction score
No pics but the board just slides between the tunnel and the front peg. The edge of the snowboard sits on the plastic mounted on the foot board just ahead of the front peg. The back of the board slides in between the wing and the post, snowboard edge also sits on a plastic spacer. The ratchet strap goes over the board in between these two points and tightens the board down. Just google them and I'm sure they will have some pics on their website of boards attached to their mount.

martincc

Reaction score
Knight Rider works awesome.. can ride around all day like its not even there.. I've rolled my sled many times with boards on and no damage to sled, mount or board.. no plastic to break..

Sold and installed in Golden, but I belive if he is in Calgary he will do it there too.. they did ours on Dec 24th last year ~$350-400 if I remember right

Attachments

• n507243375_1355536_8240.jpg
    n507243375_1355536_8240.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 110
  • n507243375_1089093_3623.jpg
    n507243375_1089093_3623.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 101

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were joking when u said you wanted one at the show. Those look pretty sweet, prob could find some nice powder to ride on, just sled will have to follow you down?!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i haven't posted any of mine yet. It's really quite simple and works great. Similar design as the above, but used with cheaper materials that work perfectly fine.

I've yet to "finish" it off, as I only installed it as a test, but it works great. I'll see if I can run out the garage right now and snap a pic.

Here ya go. Don't mind the mess, or the sled which needs a good polish. Like I said, I will cut the bolts off flush, and coat the bracket with box spray liner. Other then drilling through the bumper, and using the existing belt clips, the sled remains untouched.

Stuff007small.jpg

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up CFR ... Cheetah Factory Racing. I believe? I haven't used it personally, but the guys from sledshot.com use them religiously. :cool:

Was just on their site. The snowboard racks are $200!:nono:Thats too much for me.

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i haven't posted any of mine yet. It's really quite simple and works great. Similar design as the above, but used with cheaper materials that work perfectly fine.

I've yet to "finish" it off, as I only installed it as a test, but it works great. I'll see if I can run out the garage right now and snap a pic.

Here ya go. Don't mind the mess, or the sled which needs a good polish. Like I said, I will cut the bolts off flush, and coat the bracket with box spray liner. Other then drilling through the bumper, and using the existing belt clips, the sled remains untouched.

Stuff007small.jpg
thats sweet man you should sell em'

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The knight rider setup is money. That is what I would use if i was willing to spend the cash.

I used falling wedges. 4 per side. Cut the tops off of all of them and use the top to wedge between two wedges. Drill holes into them and the tunnel, bolt them on. Binding heel straps tighten the board into your slot, and it's dialed. Most of the cats around here do it this way. Its pretty cheap to do, and hard to explain, ahaha. If you need, I can try and dig out a photo or make a diagram or something.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knight Rider works awesome.. can ride around all day like its not even there.. I've rolled my sled many times with boards on and no damage to sled, mount or board.. no plastic to break..

Sold and installed in Golden, but I belive if he is in Calgary he will do it there too.. they did ours on Dec 24th last year ~$350-400 if I remember right

I could have used that when I went nose down in a creek bed two years back. Had to come back for the sled in the morning and almost couldn't find it in the fresh pow. I at least could have seen the board hanging out.:p

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats sweet man you should sell em'

If people really want I could try to make a few sets and bring them out when I go sledding. We have a metal shop where we work and the guys cut and bend it in like 2 minutes. Metal is just scrap stuff laying around if they are sheering the 18/16 guage sheets.

I finished cutting and grinding off the bolts tonight and it looks much better and less chain of being impaled.

The only downside is the edges are somewhat sharp and it does wear a bit on the boards and bumper (near the corner) when nothing is placed on it to protect it. Thinking of ways to protect both.

Might also take it back to work and bend the edges in to remove the sharp stuff.

Top Bottom