Snowarama for Avalanche Victims

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Snowarama will be held on Feb. 28 /09 at Grave Lake. Funds raised will be donated to the families of the Sparwood avalanche victims. Get Your info at the Sparwood Esso or call 250-425-5965

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Snowarama is still a go. Lots of prizes and draws. ( peips, spots, suits, jackets, dvd player, etc.) Free food and fun. Looks like Grave Prairie though cuz too many people for main beach area. $40 pledge gets you a T-shirt.

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Snowarama is a fund raiser for the families of avalanche victims in Sparwood. Feb 28, 09 at 10:00 am. Depending on snow conditions there will be a short ride ( easy one for kids too). Lot of prizes and a porker run also. Kids games and ticket draws. Just a good family day for everyone to get together to raise funds. $40 gets you a t-shirt dedicated to the victims. Free food, chilli, hot dogs, hambergers, and smokes, hot coffee and ot chocolate. More info call 250-425-5965

geelak900

Reaction score
I work for SMS Equipment here in Edmonton and we have an office in Elkford. Two of the survivors of this tragic deal have a personal connection to our company, one is an employee in our Elkford shop and the other is the son of our Service Manager here in Edmonton. We have taken up the pursuit of helping this fundraiser out and I'm very pleased to say that we have raised over $3000.00 from our Edmonton branch alone thru personal donations, not including what is happening in our Elkford branch!
As a very passionate and dedicated mountain rider myself I am thrilled to be able to help out and hope that everyone down Sparwood way is doing OK.
Cheers and good luck in the Snowarama.
Gary:d

trailthumper

Reaction score
Some of us from Drumheller went out to the snowarama and it was a very good time, we met some very nice people, great prizes to be won the food was awsame and it was great to see the amount of people that had showed up to support the event and how the cumunity can pull together at such a tragic time it was heart warming to see, we had to order our shirts because they had ran out of our sizes but not a big deal
HATS OFF TO THE VOLANTEERS, ORGANIZERS AND SPONSERS WHO MADE THE EVENT POSIBLY WE JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS AND I'M SURE IT WAS A GREAT SUCSESS
THANK YOU ALL

trailthumper

Reaction score
found a couple pics just before we went on the poker run :beer::beer::d:d

Attachments

• Cam Pics Feb 25 09 024.jpg
    Cam Pics Feb 25 09 024.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Cam Pics Feb 25 09 023.jpg
    Cam Pics Feb 25 09 023.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 48

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Snowarama raised over 45,000 dollars for the families of the avalanche victims. Thanks for everyone who donated time,food, money and prizes. Over 300 participated, great day.

Top Bottom