Snow report for Smithers?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard some guys went to the mic last weekend, over a good foot up top. Looks like it snowed all week though so maybe there is some new info

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you better get up there jasonrev before it gets to deep.:p

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 foot on the ski hill usually means 3 on the Mic. No time to ride until mid December so I will have to take everyones word on it.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless alot changes dont waste your time and money on the torpy. conditions are terrible.

Well, I don't know about that! The access to the alpine is crap, but once you are at the top there is plenty of good snow after last weeks storm, especially if you know where you are going :) that said, the visibility hasn't been great so getting places is an issue...

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen some pics of the mic last week and it looks like the condition were not too bad. I might try it out Saturday and report back.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure its pretty good up top but the trail in was terrible and the burn was torn up. Lots of sleds stuck so everything was chewed and trenched out and to make things a bit worse there was a couple of trees down also. I did make it up and it looked pretty snow blown at the top. I didnt get to head back as the rest of my group were having issues getting through the carnage on the burn, so I went back down. Visibility sucked also. On a sunnier day and with the trail groomed again it probably would be a much better time! It just wasnt this time!
Well, I don't know about that! The access to the alpine is crap, but once you are at the top there is plenty of good snow after last weeks storm, especially if you know where you are going :) that said, the visibility hasn't been great so getting places is an issue...

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to the mic today. Roughly around 3 feet up top. Really have to watch where you going. My buddy spun off a snag and tore his track in half. Other than that it was a pretty good ride.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow yesterday was awesome, great sun and some fresh on a solid base. However bring a spine brace for the trail up and down, with the huge increase in trail fees over the last two years and "volunteers" collecting at the trail head of a public use road no one has the time to groom anymore.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow yesterday was awesome, great sun and some fresh on a solid base. However bring a spine brace for the trail up and down, with the huge increase in trail fees over the last two years and "volunteers" collecting at the trail head of a public use road no one has the time to groom anymore.

Haha i couldn't agree more.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the most part there simply isn't enough snow.... and what is there is pounded out. Sinclair is a rock pile on top and the hills are sliding. If you stay in the trees it's ok....

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'nuf said....

Attachments

• Tylers 1.jpg
    Tylers 1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Tylers 2.jpg
    Tylers 2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Tylers 3.jpg