Snow plow for a side by side questions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My tires really are hooped. Super smooth and starting to lose air fairly consistently.

Are the polaris plows just as good as the warn but just more expensive? The local dealer said he would give me 20% off which sounds like it will bring me close to the other systems.

I have no idea on prices. I bought mine with the quad 10 years ago. The one thing that I know is that a 48" low is way too small and I have been too lazy to go and get another one. I keep saying one of these years I should upgrade to a larger blade.

I do like the Polaris set-up for attaching. Don't know if they have changed in the last 10 years. The other thing I have learned is that all the up and down of the blade and lower RPM is hard on the battery. Trickle charger is pretty much a must. Good luck and I believe there is great information above.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
e5909026244d11003384f31397a756cf.jpg

This how I do it. Just push it into the ditch, building a lift all winter.
Kinda overkill, but I have fun plowing!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ Those look sweet but im guessing pricey. Ive tried searching a tonne but cant seem to find a price on the boss utv system. So far its between Eagle, Polaris, and Warn.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ Those look sweet but im guessing pricey. Ive tried searching a tonne but cant seem to find a price on the boss utv system. So far its between Eagle, Polaris, and Warn.
I am going by memory but I think it was in the $3500 range, but one has to remember it has all the built in hydraulics and quick detach, all you do is flip one lever and hook up your 12 volt and remote connections.

You have to be pretty serious about plowing, but it does a very good job and the extra weight gives a better cleanup with the down force.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to go with a Warn system. That way I probably have more options if I switch brands of side by side. I have one ordered off of 4wheelparts.com

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Any I think youre right on the tire chains fernie. Think Im gonna just keep the old tires on and get a set of chains.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think I am going to go with a Warn system. That way I probably have more options if I switch brands of side by side. I have one ordered off of 4wheelparts.com

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Any I think youre right on the tire chains fernie. Think Im gonna just keep the old tires on and get a set of chains.

I think that is a good decision. The studs don't cut it with some of the heavy wet snow we get and I found that even pushing the berms from the town road clearing, the rears are all that is required.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that you have already ordered one but just to let you know I have a 800 Ranger with a plow on it with stock tires (approx 35% tread left) and it does an awesome job. My driveway is about 250 ft long with a huge open area for parking. Never had an issue. Just have to "plan" in advance where you put the snow as other mentioned. Here is my plow which I paid approx $750 two years ago.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of driveway gravel or asphalt? Just a thought but chains might chunk up a pavement driveway. The thing that I dont like about chains is they can sometimes give you too good of traction and can be hard on the driveline, cv's etc. I only use my chains when I have to which honestly is once per year if that.

Top Bottom