snow conditons

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys please help me out here me and my brother inlaw are heading to revy thusday we are both renting sleds but his buddy wants to come with his cat but its only a 136 2inch track i told him its not enough for the ammount of snow they just got and it looks like they will get a little more befor we get there ..

whats do u guys think ..i say nope

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him he has to dig himself out if he gets stuck in that 4ft of powder. That might change his mind. Lol.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Nothing the matter with that sled.
A few years ago, that was the biggest sled on the mountain.
Go ride and have fun and disregard all the (I have a 163 with a turbo and I am the best)
I should be available to ride with Darcy on Friday if yah need a director?

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys with 163 turbo's get stuck. It'z riding experiance and learning when to turnout. Everyone gets stuck Thats y the have groomed trails. So u can venture as u dare.
If u don't get stuck ur not having fun hehehe

Have fun
Ride safe

sledneckx69

Reaction score
The thing you have to keep in mind is that, depending on temp. and amount of sun, 4' of snow can turn into 1 or 2 feet of settled hero snow in a day or 2. Worse case senario, steep learning curve in how to ride and get unstuck with a not so long track! Undoutablly, it will be a good time.P.S.I have and rode everything from a summit 600 136 1'3/4 to a tubo'd 162.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for showing us around on Friday or Saturday my brother inlaw is new to sledding so noting to crazy but enought to make him dig out lol

sabercat2599

Reaction score
the first year i went out i rode a sabercat with a 128 13.5 wide 1.25 track and my wife rode a yamaha 700 121 track. Everyone told.us we would not even make the cabin but we made it.all the way out.to turbo. you can get in a whole.heap of.trouble on a big sled with no experience. My 162 is alot better though

Manatee

Reaction score
If you guys are that new to this game, I am assuming you don't have any Avy experience or training.
Before you worry about what sleds are going to get you up the mountain, you should worry about what might be coming down that mountain while you are doing so.
A big dump means warnings go up. Doesn't mean you can't ride it, but be careful out there.
I realize you were going to arrive yesterday, but maybe you are on S and M at nights or something and might just read this warning.

Have fun, and be safe.

Top Bottom