Snow check

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will never snow check again. I do two sleds every year. This is the first year I haven't snowchecked. Thank good cause I'd forsure have a belt spitter 850 with my luck. In the past It's worked well at around 2500-3000 per sled upside down per year. Now all the dealers under cut the price by feb and make my used sled depreciate huge. I currently have a 2016 freeride and summit x t3. I will ride them till Jan 2018 then buy a hold over snowcheck and take advantage of the deals offered.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why someone would ride a sled 4 or 5 times (500kms) then trade it in for essentially the exact same sled:confused:
Buying new every year makes no sense unless you like to burn money. If you have a sled that works ride it...I have learned in the past new isn't always better

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone should buy new each year.

Support dealers

I don't update sleds every year, seems silly to do so since the majority of us don't put on a lot of miles per season. I support dealers through the purchase of accessories, oil, maintenance items etc. This year was new helmets and goggles, gloves, scratchers and complete avalanche equipment. I am quite sure the dealerships made more on the accessories than a 1 time purchase of a sled.

Big thank you to Martins south store as they were incredible to purchase from and hosted a great Avalanche Awareness Seminar as well.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled continues to leak oil was gone most of jan due to leaking oil, got it back finally after all the parts and first day theres oil in the belly pan again i honestly dont trust the thing, however i did take a pretty good front impact and bulkhead apears to be ok but gettingparts for this thing is a nightmare. Didnt wanna sell a lemon private but i guess thats what i may have to do if they cant get it figured out, i knew i was gunna take a hit trading so soon but never imagined being offered 7 for it. i usually buy a new one every 2 or 3 years. When it such a short season and u pay all that money for a sled and 2 out of the 3 trips out west has been issues, cant test at home due to no snow but this is the least kms i have ever got on a new sled in a season if it worked as good as others i would def not be looking to get rid of it. But look on kijiji all the same
sleds always forsale not slot of movement ill likely keep taking it back and hope it gets figured out here soon dealer has been doing what they can and thats why ill most
likely stay with brp, have had good luck with them over the years

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically come down to Bombardier is going ask for the Libtard government for another bailout... this time not for the worst managed company in Canadian history but for high volumes of failure...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying new every year makes no sense unless you like to burn money. If you have a sled that works ride it...I have learned in the past new isn't always better

I get a new sled every year or 2, but I mile them right out though. If I didn't get out as much Id keep them a bit longer.

Expensive hobby to be a mountain sledder.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested in the 175 for next season, but struggle with current problems on 17, would be nice to see what steps doo has done to prevent bulk head failures as sure as sh1t it will happen to me, then belts, pdrive changes.. They make videos of every thing else, maybe one of changes to 18 models elelminating current problems on 17 models:D

Turbofly

Reaction score
I get a new sled every year or 2, but I mile them right out though. If I didn't get out as much Id keep them a bit longer.

Expensive hobby to be a mountain sledder.

Mile them out?? Wow! What kind of mileage are we talking about here?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you get for it and how many K on the last motor, and how many motors? LOL

2 motors. Around 5000 on the second motor. I got 6700$, but I put 2400$ in repairs before I sold it.

Put new shocks and hood some other chit back on it too. Would have been better off to part it out maybe.

Top Bottom