Snow check

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you snow check a 2018 if they are such a failure?? Don't get me wrong I like all sleds and makes.. but holly crap doesn't matter which country they are just junk... forums in Canada, USA, Norway, Sweden, etc it never ends...

noob

Reaction score
and to find out guys are getting offered 9-10 thousand dollars trade in value from dealers. it gets even better. No snow check for this boy. gonna go test new side winder in couple weeks. just waiting for douche bag freddy to wein his attention from the doo to the yammi.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you snow check a 2018 if they are such a failure?? Don't get me wrong I like all sleds and makes.. but holly crap doesn't matter which country they are just junk... forums in Canada, USA, Norway, Sweden, etc it never ends...

No no and no.
Maxwell said there are no problems and clutch calibrations are spot on.

Doo never errors........it all bad owners don't ya know.
Driving their sleds to harshly.
And geee 9K is fair. 8k depreciation in 4 months from the same guy you bought yer sled from sounds fair.

ROFLMAO

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Brp gonna blame the Internet for the bad publicity. I guess I would prolly invite them to see my broken recoil on 1st day, 20 gallons of oil in 1500 miles, 12 belts and then I would point out my melted wires and stator with my crappy leaking unreliable multiple tow out sled with motor out, waiting for backordered parts. I don't normally post this stuff but when I see Brp minimizing issues that I have, it kinda irks me. Like, to the tune of an 8k hit in 3 months. Enjoy my money brp. Gonna be a long time before Brp gets a dime from me. Was thinking about the new 30k mav 4 seater. Not anymore. Onward and upward.

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Argued with my dealer and brp over the new bracing and got no where so ill
be paying for that as wel! Brp said to not hit stuff at certain angles and ill be fine haha couldnt beleave it over a 70 dollar part on a 17k machine. It was 17 for the sled, didnt have the sled most of jan due to issues, 550km on it and was offered 9 on trade and 19100 for a new one, currently own 3 summits years 2014or newer and i will also be looking else where On the next sled but for the time being looks like im married to my 17, just sold my other 14 summit for 8200 for a 4 year old machine i can live with that, not 17 k 4 months ago and 9 now. To loose 8k then go around and spend another 9 to get another one which i wouldnt be doing if i could trust my 17

Last edited:

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so it is really that bad ? i kept my 15 t3 for a extra year this time . did some extra work on it and it works well. been in on the first year bs before . kind like the look of the new yammi and used to ride yammi before the 4 strokes . but holy **** 100 pounds heavier ? couple of buddies are die hard poo guys and well ..... so where do you go cat ? talked so much smack about the cats back in the day , they probably wont sell me one .lol . on the up sure enjoy the coors banquet .

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so it is really that bad ? i kept my 15 t3 for a extra year this time . did some extra work on it and it works well. been in on the first year bs before . kind like the look of the new yammi and used to ride yammi before the 4 strokes . but holy **** 100 pounds heavier ? couple of buddies are die hard poo guys and well ..... so where do you go cat ? talked so much smack about the cats back in the day , they probably wont sell me one .lol . on the up sure enjoy the coors banquet .

Cat and Yammi is where its at.
Doo has crossed the line several times this winter.

I was on the fence on a Doo when I got the G4.
Doo will never get a dime out of me for a new sled ever again.
I was almost on the Green team before but definatly off the pee in the snow yellow team.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why anybody snow checks anymore. The prices drop so much in 3 months. All brands. Could buy sidewinders for $13000 last week and new Axys for $9995. My last snow check was in 2003. Costs too much to have the latest and greatest and in the end the greatest was a sled that was a year old and the bugs out. How many guys are going to be gun shy over the new cat? Looks awesome but I will wait.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers give fawk all on trade. You should be able to get more on a private sale. I agree it hurts to take that kind of hit though.

In my case I have a 4month old sled with a ton miles on it. Try getting top dollar for that.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't complain much. I've got a few quotes back on trade in and am looking at a depreciation of 20-25% which I believe is reasonable.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snow checked my 15 pro. Very happy with the machine and it has never let me down. But in the spring of 15 I'm in edmonton and here is my sled (snowchecked) sitting on a dealer floor same colour same everything for $10k. Super disappointed. It really left a bad taste in my mouth about snowchecking. The anticipation all summer waiting for my machine was pretty sweet though. Even though that anticipation cost me $6k.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't complain much. I've got a few quotes back on trade in and am looking at a depreciation of 20-25% which I believe is reasonable.

If you paid 19 for an 850 and some sucka is offering you 15,200 -15,800 you best be loading that sled up and hightailing to that dealer b4 he changes his mind. Post up what you end up paying. With proof of course. Dealer gonna be having a stampede once you post up the dealer s name. Haha hahahahahhahaha

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a hold of a dealer(wont say names) they told me 7 on trade. it allready dropped from 9 a week ago, just keeps getting better. i get there sitting on some sleds but come one man 17 to 7 in 4 months? what dealer you at rotax? ill make the drive haha

Attachments

• 345.png
    345.png
    374 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rotax kid,
Where's your proof of a 15k trade in? It is 4am on a Sunday. Maybe I'm drunk. Maybe I read it wrong. But I doubt it. Haha hahahahahhahaha.
If you're gonna post up BS ya gotta know you're gonna get called out on it.

Last edited:

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rotax kid,
Where's your proof of a 15k trade in? It is 4am on a Sunday. Maybe I'm drunk. Maybe I read it wrong. But I doubt it. Haha hahahahahhahaha.

You referenced paying 19 grand.....not the OP. I can't seem to build a 2018 Summit X with e-start start for more than $16,200 MSRP for the sled alone?
Rotax kid says he would take about a 25% hit on a trade in.....maybe so. In any case why you think you deserve written proof on his deals and continue to badger about it in multiple posts is beyond me.

Enjoy the BC BUD.... :cigar:

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often thought they have it backwards...snow checked sleds should offer a bigger discount off the msrp because they are sold (I guess they could back out). They need to come out with a way more attractive program to entice people. Sled prices are getting up there, but durability is really good also not to often a sled has wrecked your day of riding.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you paid 19 for an 850 and some sucka is offering you 15,200 -15,800 you best be loading that sled up and hightailing to that dealer b4 he changes his mind. Post up what you end up paying. With proof of course. Dealer gonna be having a stampede once you post up the dealer s name. Haha hahahahahhahaha

Sorry but I won't be posting the dealers. I do have 2 quotes from 2 different dealers that are similar. What each dealer offers is his business and has to work in his business model. Our market further East isn't nearly as saturated as you guys out West and I think trade values reflect that. I'm not sure where you are getting your new values from in 19k but I certainly wasn't close to that new.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A trade in at the end of the season.... and you guys think anyone would offer a fair price to sit on it all summer? Give you heads a shake. Bunch of babies. If you want a fair price sell it private and in the fall/early winter. I have never seen a fair price on a trade in... on anything nevermind a toy.

Sick of these pissy threads on all the forums.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

yada

Reaction score
Hey Rotax kid,

They were not even 15 k new 4fsakes, a new18 154 sp 850 with e start and a 2.5 builds out at 14849 mrsp which most dealers quote 500 less than that and drop the freight and pdi, we know your pissed at brp and lots of us are but reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I get a trade in value I don't like on anything I want to sell from the dealer I sell it privately on Kijiji, Buy and Sell sites or word of mouth. You will always get more on your own than what a dealer will offer you whether it be a sled or a car or a boat. It may be a hassle selling it your self but worth it in your wallet. If used units are worth way more than dealer values you should be able to get what you want? No?

Top Bottom