Snow at the torpy!!!!!!!

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was gunna head up there tomorow to have a look. i should throw the 550 summit in the box sweet

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got home from my drive and well it takes way longer to drive the road then sled but there is only signs of fall no snow not even on the close peeks:(
well hope it come soon

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple weeks ago we had much cooler temps and there was snow on the hills but then it got warm so i could see it melting

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't laying down. We were up there hunting . It was -5 in the morning , snowed all night and day. Woke up the next morning to 2 feet of snow.
I am new to posting on this site and now I know why I don't. Some people on here are are the rudest people I have ever met. Was just trying to give an update. Thouhgt it was exciting there was finally snow!!!

Sorry there was no pic's taken. My husband and I had to dig out our truck and camper , was a little bit of an ordeal.

Next time I will grab the camera when I am out at the Torpy!

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went out for my own fun not to prove someone wrong. wish it was still there. i am going to go back next weekend with the quad and go up the burn, have a look at the top yay

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us all know how it is!!!! Looks like we are getting a little snow around the local mountains.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't laying down. We were up there hunting . It was -5 in the morning , snowed all night and day. Woke up the next morning to 2 feet of snow.
I am new to posting on this site and now I know why I don't. Some people on here are are the rudest people I have ever met. Was just trying to give an update. Thouhgt it was exciting there was finally snow!!!

Sorry there was no pic's taken. My husband and I had to dig out our truck and camper , was a little bit of an ordeal.

Next time I will grab the camera when I am out at the Torpy!

Please dont let this stop you from posting your findings,we will take care of you LOL!
catmando!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya some people get a little rude but please dont stop posting especially if you have a snow sighting I beleieve you on the snow up that way hope more comes down lets get a good early season going :headbanger:

woodym7

Reaction score
well here is some new fuel, i heard a viscious rumor that the whole north fraser is closed to riding this year and the TORPY IS ON THE BLOCK FOR NEXT YEAR, has anyone heard of this i hope its just a rumor, the source well obviously thats why im checking...:realmad::realmad::realmad:

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the snowmobile club is on it. don't think it will happen, that area has been divided into motorized and non allready

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand this has been regulated a multi user group area. As long as people don't screw it up going in closed areas , we should be fine. We lost part of the Sandy a couple of years ago due to the Cariboo closure and also all of the Dell. Prince George has lost alot of areas to the Cariboo closurers as well as most of BC but if we can self police ourselves and stay out of closed areas there will still be alot of riding area for us.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there was snow around the 2nd week of September at higher elevations, 2 feet down low at the cabin.....I would be skeptical. But....you just never know.
All said and done, there are caribou closures. The maps are available online. We have the Burn and the Sande for now. The Dell is off limits!! Fish and Wildlife - Environment - Province of British Columbia
Last season we seen many sleds in the Dell and ultimately they will end up ruining it for the ones that obey the closures. It sucks. The areas around the North Fraser at higher elevations are closed as well. Refer to the maps, although a bit vague they show the general areas that are closed.
Yes, the snowmobile club is fighting it and trying to keep areas open but local sledders need to join up to increase membership so we have a voice to fight with. Sorry thunder44 if people on here sounded rude, hope you return to the forum and add pics and stuff of the Torpy. It`s a beautiful area but we like to keep it our little secret!!
:p

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to the Torpy cabin yesterday (Nov 11) No snow on The Burn yet that we could see from the road. There was a dusting of snow in the area . It will still be a bit before we can ride there IMO

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet thank for posting i was gunna do the drive sunday, now i can save the fuel

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I posted on Nov 12, there was not enough snow on The Burn. Well it snowed Friday night in Prince George and The Torpy must have got a good dump. I spoke to some young guys last night at a gas station, they had sleds in the back of there trucks with lots of snow in the tracks. I asked them where they had been and low and behold they had just come from The Burn!!! They rode all day in the first bowl and where not able to go any further. If we get more snow this week we will be heading up next Saturday and I will post pic's of conditions. COME ON SNOW!!!!!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's been some guys riding the Burn for a couple weeks now....if you're into mashing your sled over stumps and logs on the way up, it shouldn't be too bad to hit the scant 2 feet of snow up top. I think we'll wait to get a real dump of snow before we venture out east. :)

Top Bottom