Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Snow and Mud.com 1st Camp Out

When: July 20 - 22 Weekend

Where: Hinton
Activities: Camping, Quadding, Dirtbiking, Sitting By a Campfire having a good time, Family Event..

More to come soon..

Ron

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in for sure. If you need any help with anything Ron, PM me or AIM me.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now were talking!

I'm in as well,Ron will need someone to pull him out of the sink holes only Ron knows how to find.I think I will book off work a couple extra days and make a holiday out of it!Now lets find a good spot!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in as well,Ron will need someone to pull him out of the sink holes only Ron knows how to find.I think I will book off work a couple extra days and make a holiday out of it!Now lets find a good spot!
catmando!

You might have to pull me out on the rental quad too, who knows what stupid things I'll find to get stuck in.

SwampRat

Reaction score
sounds like a grate time.is their fishing to?it would be nice to get the best of both worlds !! and your right catmando iv pulled him out lots aswell. if we only had a $ for every time we have. looking forward to seeing all of you out there. ps. good job on the site ron.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking forward to attending this camp out!!
I am quite famillier with the area around Rocky, south towards Prairie Creek and west around the Chambers Creek area.
I can think of several good places to camp and ride from.
I am just wundering what everyone is expecting or needs to make this outing enjoyable for everyone?
I would like to help out if I can,and would like to hear everyones thoughts and input also.
Such things to concider are: Do we need power hook-ups and showers?
Do we need to be close to other imenditys such as stores, gas,
liquor outlets?
How far from town (Rocky) do we want to camp?
I am looking forward to meeting many of you and haveing a great time!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am quite famillier with the area around Rocky, south towards Prairie Creek and west around the Chambers Creek area.
I am just wundering what everyone is expecting or needs to make this outing enjoyable for everyone?
I would like to help out if I can,and would like to hear everyones thoughts and input also.
liquor outlets?

Hey QMAO, I know that there will be some fairly large travel trailers and fifth wheels, these guys may want power. Showers to me are not necessary as I am not afraid to wash up from a wash bin. I think being semi close to gas would be a good idea as we are all going to be quadding. As for distance from Rocky I'm not sure. I do know that Ron has been looking into some campgrounds down around Rocky that are Quad friendly. Please post any info that would help us plan. Looking forward to a weekend of mud and sun.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
liquor outlets?

Definatly suggest a few areas,would be for families.Need a group campsite or Crownland with an area for likely 20 campers!Pics if you have em!
catmando!

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don`t really have any pics but the area that I have in mind is 32 km. west of Rocky. It is on crown land and the camping spot is only 3-4 km. off of hiway #11. Plenty of fire wood in the area.
When I camp I pull a 28" 5th and 13 ft. of quad trailer behind that (63"total lenght) and I have never had a problem getting in or out of theses spots.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the place called?Sounds Good!There is also Medicine Lake!
catmando!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I "maybe" in I am suppose to work that weekend but I might take holidays then I have around 30 or so days built up this year already :eek: so maybe a few days off will be good

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I think the group campsite out at Prairie Creek would be sweet at least I know there are trails cut there, chambers has a group site but no random camping. I gave Ron a list of spots. Tyler I might have to stay in front of you with a stick. hahaha All my quads are rented out this weekend...... exept for one,,,,, going to clean trails out at Prairie........ if anyone else wants a rental for this shindig...... might want to let me know soon.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the group campsite out at Prairie Creek would be sweet at least I know there are trails cut there, chambers has a group site but no random camping. I gave Ron a list of spots. Tyler I might have to stay in front of you with a stick. hahaha All my quads are rented out this weekend...... exept for one,,,,, going to clean trails out at Prairie........ if anyone else wants a rental for this shindig...... might want to let me know soon.

haha, I've quadded before, my uncle has 2 unfortunately he's in Peace River and isn't taking holidays till after the august long weekend, or I'd try to get him to come too.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tuesday night at average joes.........topic number one The Place......now that we have the date!Best place to let your input be known.C,mon down!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tuesday night at average joes.........topic number one The Place......now that we have the date!Best place to let your input be known.C,mon down!
catmando!

Sorry Catmando, topic #1 for me will be my beer order to the waitress. Topic #2 can be location :)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry Catmando, topic #1 for me will be my beer order to the waitress. Topic #2 can be location :)

Buddy,do like me,head straight to the bar get a beer and then order one from the waitress,buy the time your done your first one she should be standing in front of you with your beer!I'm not the most patient guy in the world,this solves that problem just in case she is busy!And you can get right to the important stuff!
:twocents:
catmando!

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy,do like me,head straight to the bar get a beer and then order one from the waitress,buy the time your done your first one she should be standing in front of you with your beer!I'm not the most patient guy in the world,this solves that problem just in case she is busy!And you can get right to the important stuff!
:twocents:
catmando!

Ha Ha, good strategy!!!

Top Bottom