Snorkle needed for summit etec

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok for her in and hooked up. It's tight but its all in there

Just going to cover with some frog skin now.

And now its time for the track

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K got it running last night. If u cover the air filter holes and snap the gas real good It's still snappy and runs good.
So is say there's enough air to keep it happy till u can stop and wipe off the stocker

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Tex78 when are you going to get the sled into some deep snow for a real test? Waiting to hear how your mod works. Great job, I'm sure it will work great.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Jack...
I am going to go to golden for the Doo test ride on the 28-29 of Jan. Hope it has good snow.

Like I said I pluged the 2 holes in the upper box.
Ran it hard with good wot snaps with out running bad or boging.
I'm sure its the fix at least for the older p-teks.
E techs have one on each side right. Mabe an extra one on each side would keep it crisp when ya need it most

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K got 3 inch frog skins. Fits like a glove.
Hoping to go and test het out this weekend.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Ron. Didn't get to go this last weekend. Every one Droped out.

I'm sure it has to be 10 times better than before tho....

Like I said before with the air filter out and both air flow holes covered gave it lots of wide open snaps ... Ran good and never burbled or anything

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since i checked in on thios thread....the frog skins you see on my consel are just there to cover up the holes from the ugly huge Everest windshield. Just for looks. I noticed a huge increase in throttle response with the upgrade, when im in deep pow and pin it i can tell when the mod is working as it pulls the micro fibre tight against the pre-filter. Just another pic of finished product. Just didnt have micro fibre on yet. Parkland County-20111112-00378.jpg

xpsledneck

Reaction score
what about a snorkle behind the gauge-cluster where the wires are.... empty space that air can come from top-sides-bellow ....

only problem might be not being able to clean it off with out poping the cluster out ...

is the stock box on a xp that restrictive ??????? or is it where the air comes from .... if it can get air from the back side of the box might work better [ kind of bellow lh headlight ]
you loose 6hp with the air box on a ptek you gain 5 of that 6 back with vents tested on a land and sea dyno

jackinthebox

Reaction score
So what is the best air box mod for the ptek xp?Lots of talk but nobody saying which one is the best...can you bypass the dpm by being downstream with holes or no...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so how are ya going to bypass the dpm .... its plumbed into the carbs??????? u mean the air temp sens ?

realy the temp should be close to the same...

didn't have any real fresh snow but seemed to have more snap with the extra air .... lost a head light but i think it came unpluged [ might not have been pushed on far enough ]

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok got out Yesterday with bumper deep snow and factory filter pluged up. Never bogged once. Works 100% and is much different in POW now. Snow was on the frog skin up top so its sucking forsure.

I guess some times all that work is worth it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok got out Yesterday with bumper deep snow and factory filter pluged up. Never bogged once. Works 100% and is much different in POW now. Snow was on the frog skin up top so its sucking forsure.

I guess some times all that work is worth it

so did it help with the buffaloness?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope still a buffalo. Will allways be a buffalo.

Need to buy s rev or a xm... The antibuffalo

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys must ride some serious deep snow ive never had my etec or ptek bog or loose power. i wipe the intake twice ir three times a day max

Thats what I was thinking, I rode some sick powder before and have never had an issue IMO 101_0072.jpg
PS:this is my Idea of "sick powder" just to clarify

Top Bottom