Snorkle Kit Maintenance

cementfist27

Reaction score
I have never had a snorkel on any of my machines in the past so I am a little in the dark here. I am getting into more aggressive riding conditions and have seriously thought of adding a snorkel system to my machine. I see that they are relatively in-expensive, but am wondering about the maintenance of the system. What is the best system available? Do they all leak eventually? ETC...

Any comments would be appreciated.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having it is an extra level of engine safety

But if it rolls ect nothing will keep water out.

U just never know how deep a hole Realy is. That's y I did it

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a snorkel kit, a few trips to home depot and a afternoon of work and your good to go, Get creative. Not much for maintenance, just check main connections once and a while & have fun.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a kit, and glad too, instead of "home depot plumbing parts"....everyone has different opinions to the kits, and thats fine...but not a waste of money IMO. It is double the cost with a kit, but this is your ATV. If your going drinking at your buddies house you wont even think twice about cost of beer...you just go......but oh no.... the cost of snorkel kits, thats too much money....lol, do it your self's are fine too, some folks take the time to make them look nice....but what ever you like is key...:beer:

My kits was $200, www.snorkelyouratv.com, I have not priced out a motor yet!!!! :beer:

No maintenance yet, if you roll the atv, you may want to check for cracks in the snorks i guess......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 bucks for pipe ect from coop

And a car cv boot for the belt cover

Have done a half dozen this way.and have never had a issue.

In the snorkle kit what does it do for the breather, tank vent ( which uses empty air inside frame and is just waiting to get water in ) carb vent drain-tee ( white with 3 lines and a open hole).

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As luck would have it ,the 850 is one of the hardest quads to snorkel out there..........IF ,this is your first one i would recomend the SYATV kit.good kit & proven safe.........Other bikes are much easier,but the 850 is a pita to do. If you relocate your rad it is much easier as it opens up a lot of room in the front,for center snorkels.....

Maintenance is not an issue, as all stock machines have a lower hieght of snorkels so to speak anyways.....Blow the dust out,check joints & hoses ,pipes every so often......If done right trouble free.

Sorry Tex, the 850 is next to impossible to do all hard ABS........To many bends & joints......You need GOOD flex pipe. IF done in hard pipe you don`t want to have to undo them on the trail ...lol The SYATV does take care of diffs ,vents,breathers etc.......

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I did my 850 again it would be the Snorkel Your atv kit. The last couple times I have done mine all hard pipe. But it is very time consuming and takes alot of work. And alot of trips to home depot.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 bucks for pipe ect from coop

And a car cv boot for the belt cover

Have done a half dozen this way.and have never had a issue.

In the snorkle kit what does it do for the breather, tank vent ( which uses empty air inside frame and is just waiting to get water in ) carb vent drain-tee ( white with 3 lines and a open hole).

Kit comes with rubber tubbing to vent gas tank to handle bars, carb vent gets mounted higher .

Kits nice when you never done one before...not cutting and measuring pipe.

Now that I've done one I'm sure I don't need a kit next time, but the look is sure nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cementfist27

Reaction score
I have to admit the '11 850xp is considerably different from my '07 500 ha. The air box is in the front and looks like it would be a b*tch to work around with the rad there. Well thanks for all the advice...May need to consider a relocate as well...;-)

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed the SYATV one on my 550 a few weeks ago and I would recommend going that route. It took long enough to do with the instructions, I couldn't imagine trying to do it all hard pipe.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you remove your rad you can center snorkel quite easy......................

Attachments

• 850 rad pics 021.jpg
    850 rad pics 021.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 105

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like i know what i am doing tonight
If you do the kit right, it doesn't take much time at all to return it to factory before taking it in for service. I did the first few times but after that I didn't bother removing the snorkels and never had any issues at the dealers but also never had any warranty items break.

Bandit_750

Reaction score
i bought a kit from rapid revolutions in edmonton. i never got a chance to change it out tonight. but i will be keeping my spare parts just incase.

Top Bottom