Snorkal for 06 yammy 450

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I gotta 06 Yamaha Kodak 450 and I have found out from past experience that she has a very low water tolerance!
Anyways has anyone ever built snorkals for this quad? I'm just going to build and see what happens but if someone has a little advice it would be awesome

Cheers
TG boosted

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok question! Two stock intakes go into the clutch? Why do you need both? Where dose it suck it's air from to actually run?
Do I need to modify the air box and run another intake?

Please guys help!

Justin

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I did some research and found that yes I do need to run a line from the air box to the frount! Now that only question I have is, do I need to run a pipe from the back of the clutch? I already got my line done to the front of the clutch!

Pleas let me know guys

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, you need to do both. ...if you wanna keep water out. Also, if you're gonna do it right, you should also extend all your vent lines as well 'cause they'll suck water in too. Some people just run them along the snorkel stacks or handlebars. I'm thinking that it would be nice to have them out of the way, so I'm in the process of running them into my air box.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks whodeanie
where is the best place to run the rear clutch snorkel? I got the air box snorkel done, just going to glue it up now Im Using 1 1/2 abs pipe! I ran the air box snorkel from the front of the air box, was by far the easiest! Good advice on all the other lines! Air box sounds like a good idea

Thanks

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks whodeanie
where is the best place to run the rear clutch snorkel? I got the air box snorkel done, just going to glue it up now Im Using 1 1/2 abs pipe! I ran the air box snorkel from the front of the air box, was by far the easiest! Good advice on all the other lines! Air box sounds like a good idea

Thanks

Can't say for sure since the Kodaiak is quite different from a Gizzly. Just google it, check out how everyone else is doing it, and steal the best ideas from each. Here's a link I found that might get your creativity flowing: Grizzly/Kodiak 450 Snorkel - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of what you did to the airbox? I'm looking at doing something with the airbox cause the wife's quad seems to get steam in the intake and then spit and sputter all the time. I am probably not going to do a complete snorkel kit as she usually doesn't go to deep with it? Can I just run the airbox snorkel to the same place that the belt intake is below the rack without putting stacks on it?

Also, did you have to re-jet?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom