smokindave/damagedgoods report Dec.12-14

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I left Calgary on Thursday night and drove out to Sicamous.We stayed at the Eagle Valley Lodge. Just a warning if you want to stay at the lodge you had best reserve a room because Rene is busy. We did manage to get a room for the one night anyways.
So on Friday we went up Blue Lake with Rene And the group that was with him. They had just had their first major dumping of snow so there was not much of a base.We did all kinds of climbing and playing in the deep powder and only found a few landmines but no damage.It was a little hard to see but have sledded in much worse. In a week or two it looks like the Eagle Valley should be totally rideable.
Rene's new Powderlite Turbo Nitro was working real good it won't be long till he has her dialed in.She sure sounds hot.

On Saturday we went to Revelstoke and went up to Frisby.We parked at the main parking lot and rode up a already rough trail up.There were already a 150 sledders up there a head of us so the trail was pretty rough going up. She was a little foggy but we went back almost to the green tower. Visability kept us in the tres all day with just a little climbing. We stayed on the mountain till after 6pm so just after we left the cabin we ran into the groomer and had one of the smoothest rides down ever.

Sunday saying it was cold is an under statement.We went back to Frisby thinking this was are last chance because of the caribbo closure only to find out that the closure date has been moved to Jan.01 this year.Thats cool as I love this place.
Well the trail up was nice and smooth no doubt from the cold setting up the snow but she was beautiful blue sky every where.We went past the green tower and we found meadow after meadow of untouched powder.None of the hills had been touched in days we were in sledder heaven.I had powder over my hood and in my face all day that made you forget that it was cold out.Our three cats work flawlessly all weekend except for mine on Sunday. The powder was so fine and dry that my Black Diamond airbox sucked in some snow through the tinyest of cracks that I didn't silicone up.She started running real rough and would not make any power but after taking out the airbox and cleaning it up with a piece of duct tape on the joint she ran perfect all day.
At the end of the day the trail down was nice and smooth due to the cold temperatures she was all set up.
So all in all it was an excellent three day ride with conditions improving daily so get on your sleds and ride.Sorry no pictures this week batteries froze.

Cheers,
Dave

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow ~! Very nice report, thanks for indepth report on conditions. Sounds like I missed out BIGTIME !!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Love your ride reports :d
Keep your batteries in your pant front pockets.
Good to see more fresh last wknd. and hear the trails are setting up. SRS says we`ll be grooming 6 nights a wk. now. The heavy traffic, warm temps. and the way some people ride them made the trails brutal, I know, I heard all about it.
Worked all wknd. BUSY and COLD. My dog wanted to sit in the truck.
Anyone get frostbite?

The Club, SRS and Glacier House worked with MoE last winter to have the Mtn. Carbibou closure dates in Revy changed to start Jan. 1 instead to Dec. 15 because we don`t see the animals up top till later in Jan. lately and there is so much traffic here during the holidays it would provide more area for the snowmobilers to ride and less chance (hopefully) for less non-compliance during this time. Thanks to everyone involved. :beer:

Top Bottom