Smithers trails fees?

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading out to smithers for a ride this weekend. I hear they have someone collecting trail fees. I'm just curious what I need to bring for cash so I don't show up empty handed. Thanks.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can PM S.W.A.T or Whitegold on here for a definite answer. There has been some controversy on this issue as people are expected to pay at Trails North. The donation boxes in the cabins aren't secure and have been vandalized, so paying by the honor system/donating isn't always possible. They were looking into rectifying the situation, but since we haven't been up there yet this winter, I'm not sure of the outcome. Our family has a membership, so I don't know the actual price, but I think it is $15. It is appalling, but when we got our renewal letter this winter, it said that there are only 57 paid memberships with the club... :nono: Really sad considering the number of people I know who are locals who obviously don't think they should have to pay. I feel for the club, and hope that you will take the time to find out how/where to pay. Thank you for taking the time to ask :)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
send me a PM and I will update you with whats going on.

SledMamma, memberships are higher this year then ever before. People are starting to reconize the work that our volunteers put forth and a big thanks to them.

Would like to thank you for asking about memberships and trail fee's. very courtious on your part.

Many people see paying fee's as a hassel or un-needed but how many other place can you go with all level of riding, cabins with wood stocked, groomed trails when volunteers are able. Ride anyplace without fee's and you will see what your missing. The money goes towards insurance's, up keep and future plans. We are a non profit group so no one is pocketing the money and we thank those from out of town who enjoy and respect our facilaties and reconise the efforts and time it takes to maintain accordingly.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Membership before Jan 1st was $75, after Jan 1st I think it jumed up to $95.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
send me a PM and I will update you with whats going on.

SledMamma, memberships are higher this year then ever before. People are starting to reconize the work that our volunteers put forth and a big thanks to them.

Would like to thank you for asking about memberships and trail fee's. very courtious on your part.

Many people see paying fee's as a hassel or un-needed but how many other place can you go with all level of riding, cabins with wood stocked, groomed trails when volunteers are able. Ride anyplace without fee's and you will see what your missing. The money goes towards insurance's, up keep and future plans. We are a non profit group so no one is pocketing the money and we thank those from out of town who enjoy and respect our facilaties and reconise the efforts and time it takes to maintain accordingly.

I'm glad to hear memberships are rising. I always make a point of asking people in the cabin if they are members or not. I know it's nosy, but if you don't ask....... I know there are a few in my extended family who ride regularly and sign into the cabin and warm up, but who haven't had memberships for the past few years. I just keep asking them in the hopes they will get the point. Unfortunately some people don't understand why they should have to pay to play in their own backyard :(

The club does a beautiful job for such a small resource pool: the new cabin on the Microwave and revamping Burdette's cabin on the Onion alone were huge projects, not to mention the firewood, insurance, grooming etc.,

Thank you for all the club's hard work and hope to see you all soon: save some snow for us :)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with the club president and trail fee's are set at provincial standard of $20 per person/per day.
Keep in mind a family of 4 riding for 2 days can buy a family membership for $150.

People always say "I would pay if the groomed more", well we can't groom if people don't pay. So many think this stuff happens for free but everything costs money.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know the snow conditions up there. We had a bunch of rain here this week and I'm just wondering if it was rain up top or pow.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading out to smithers for a ride this weekend. I hear they have someone collecting trail fees. I'm just curious what I need to bring for cash so I don't show up empty handed. Thanks.

How about having 2 or 3 ten dollar bills handy for each day you want to ride. That way you wouldnt need to know exactly what their rates are. LOL!

Top Bottom