slp pipe with different can

bigty

Reaction score
just seeing if anybody is running the slp pipe with a different can and how it is performing.

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
I to wanted a solid answer to this. I didn't get that. Got conflicting reports. Some guys say it's no good, and the slp muffler creates all the baffle the pipe needs. The. Again I here from a handful of guys say ther sled rips just as hard with another aftermarket muffler as there buddies with the full slp pipe set.
I decid dnto roll the dice, I ordered the pipe and can from slp. Immediately sold the can and stuck my GGB can to the sled. Haven't rode it yet to report back on the results, but I'd guess it will be just fine.
Just my assumption on the matter.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a SLP stage 4 kit with a Sled shed cooker thing on it, Never noticed a difference.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran an SLP pipe with a jaws can for years on an M8. No issues. I am gonna run a Jaws trail can on my '17 Axys and Greg at Jaws says his pipe can even be ran with the stock can. Just a noise maker and an exit point for the exhaust basically.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run slp pipe and npp can and absolutely love it. No lack of power or throttle response due to can choice.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP is the heaviest and one of the quietest cans. All just personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP pipe and Can work great with the SLP clutching, very noticeable difference over stock, bottom end super crisp and very strong power through all ranges of the power band. A bit quiet for some but sounds good when on the throttle and your ears aren't ringing at the end of the day.

Top Bottom