slp/hps pipe d8?

dragin8

Reaction score
slp pipe with a hps can. anyone running this set up on a d8? pros and con?

GRD

Reaction score
I heard that the slp pipe and can combo work good... Slp even has a computer code reflash when installed... Talk to your Polaris dealer!

dragin8

Reaction score
but im asking about slp(pipe) with a HPS CAN.. i dont see and slp reflash on the site..

GRD

Reaction score
but im asking about slp(pipe) with a HPS CAN.. i dont see and slp reflash on the site..

I don't know anything about the HPS can... Was just giving you some info I heard about the SLP(pipe) and SLP can. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

H2O

Reaction score
My riding buddy has tried both setups on both the 700 and 800 dragon. His conclusion was the HPS can sounded better, but produces a little less H.P.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
I have a slp pipe and can on my dragon and they work awesome. Not very loud but still sounds good. Don't know anybody that is running that combo. You might want to see if someone you know wants the hps can and then buy the SLP pipe/can combo. SLP and polaris is in bed together so they will warranty the sled with the slp system. I recommend highly. Good luck

dragin8

Reaction score
My riding buddy has tried both setups on both the 700 and 800 dragon. His conclusion was the HPS can sounded better, but produces a little less H.P.

so.he ran stock pipe with hps and the full slp combo? im looking to see if anyone has ran a slp pipe with a hps can on a 800? i know guys that ran it on 700 but not the 800. wouldn`t the stock pipe run more backpresure then a slp pipe? i think it`s funny that guys run slp combos but like the hps sound but never put the 2 togther.

codydavies

Reaction score
i have an 09 dragon 800 and have the SLP pipe can and ypipe on it. works great and sounds good, not quite as loud as i wanted tho but i still like it.

having hood melting problems, not sure if its the SLP setup getting to hot under the hood or if the dealer just didnt put enough heat wrap under there, i hear stripping the foam and puttin heat tape all under there will stop that from happening.

bathtub28

Reaction score
have slp pipe with mbrp can and sounds nice, but am also curious about othe cans (HPS, "the thing", jaws.) as far as sound. i had the slp can with mine and did not like it one bit, sounds basically stock(not for me) but would like to hear too what the HPS is like (loud/Quit) and as far as hood melting, yes get rid of your foam and put heat tape, thats what i have and have had NO problems.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw this video on youtube a while ago. thought i would post it for ya

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdiQTVum8Zk&feature=channel_page[/media]

Top Bottom