SlimeR HDC Alpha

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on now Benny. Haha. This was my first time out and I made incorrect changes based on memory from 6 months ago. And I smoke weed! I went too far with the primary weight. Went from 9.65g to 10.9. Primary was being the being the boss and yanking open the secondary basically climbing in 4th gear dragging the rpm down from 7900 down to 7100 on a climb. You woulda heard that if you were listening. That wasn’t me on/off the throttle cuz was the engine cutting in and out. It would pop and fart and rpm’s were erratic. The setup is super sensitive and 3/10 of a gram will make or break how the clutching works. As you saw, I tried clickers, gear change, secondary spring pressure change to help the clutch backshift. I did what I could with what I had. All was in the wrong direction as I needed to take out pin weight but clutch master bag was in the truck.

So imagine if you went to a unfamiliar area, had too soft of a secondary spring, didn’t have a replacement on the hill, did the best you could on other parts of the system, it didn’t work but you manned up and rode and climbed anyway. You then ate crow and your buddy said your clutching is a farce. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. You had a bad clutching day and I posted that all your clutching is a farce. Don’t forget that.

Remember how we met? As a complete stranger, I called you out of the blue I shared my experience and inside knowledge about some suppliers you were dealing with? I did that to help, support and elevate you, not bring you down.

I do deserve a huge amount of harassment though. Bring it on, I can take it.

Well, not sure what response you we're expecting. When you claim to be a turbo killer and it can even beat a stock sled, thats a complete farse to me. Regardless of tuning. Secondly, I never asked for any advice or extra help from in regards to certain suppliers, or support. I had done all my homework and knew what I was getting myself into.

That sled has a ways to go to compete with stock sleds.... i will remind you, this was a 154 3" vs a 174 3" and it was considerably slower. Niners Alpha is way further ahead of that and then his turbo is miles further than both sleds.

Unfamiliar area has nothing to do with it. Either it works or doesn't. And the most important part... I have never bragged that my clutching would beat turbos.

I think your an awesome, and enjoyable person, but the clutching your preaching is way off.

I'm guessing one of you didn't leave a note on the pillow Sunday morning? Lol

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Well, not sure what response you we're expecting. When you claim to be a turbo killer and it can even beat a stock sled, thats a complete farse to me. Regardless of tuning. Secondly, I never asked for any advice or extra help from in regards to certain suppliers, or support. I had done all my homework and knew what I was getting myself into.

That sled has a ways to go to compete with stock sleds.... i will remind you, this was a 154 3" vs a 174 3" and it was considerably slower. Niners Alpha is way further ahead of that and then his turbo is miles further than both sleds.

Unfamiliar area has nothing to do with it. Either it works or doesn't. And the most important part... I have never bragged that my clutching would beat turbos.

I think your an awesome, and enjoyable person, but the clutching your preaching is way off.

You’re missing the point.

I guess I expected more from you. I’m disappointed in you.

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No hard feelings at all. We shook on the next bet. His alpha build vs my alpha build. He wants me to go all the way to whistler, but thats way too far for me. Ill meet him in Sicamous and we can have the final show down there.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Good point Cape. I dunno what caused the popping and farting. Old fuel, water in fuel, engine loaded too much with low rpm, who knows. The engine always runs good so I’m puzzled. Niner rode it and noticed it too. I’ll drain it and put fresh in, get some miles on her and figure it out. Heck, the cute Marten at Belle cabin could have beat my sled last weekend. Catman10 offered help and had his tools out in the parking lot. He was ready to tear the engine down on the engine down on the spot if I said yes. Good guy.

I have a set 2/10 gram washers and a set of 3/10 of a gram. It’s that sensitive to change. I added a gram and half which is a lot. I messed up. I’ll post a pic and you can get a chuckle. This is Tra remember. The weights usually are between 13-20grams depending on setup.

Years ago, I had 17.5 grams which turned 7900. It ripped but the belt heat would climb to 200 degrees. I changed the pin weight to 9.65grams which also ran 7900. Better performance, less belt heat. Go figure. Cool stuff to learn along the way. I always change stuff. I don’t usually go more than 3 rides without tweaking sumpin. I’m a tweaker.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shiattt 23 posts today in here!? What did I miss? Haha do you guys not work during the day!? Haha wow looks like I have some reading to do!

Standby

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19/52 works amazingly well. Peak HP is 8100 RPM. Clutch to 8150 to 8200. Your leaving power on the table if you clutch to 7800-7900.

Thanks Benny!! 19/52 = 2.73 is right where I’ll be starting, looking forward to seeing what she can do!!

I’ve always clutched for 8200 on the cats but for whatever reason I got it in my head to clutch this one for 7900 I seen a few dyno reports that the HP/Torque curve faded off after 7900 on the ctech I’ll have to re evaluate my 7900 theroy and will take your advise on the 8200 as that’s what I’ve always gone with

Thanks

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No hard feelings at all. We shook on the next bet. His alpha build vs my alpha build. He wants me to go all the way to whistler, but thats way too far for me. Ill meet him in Sicamous and we can have the final show down there.

I like this meet in the middle that’s my stomping grounds

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I’m in!! Eagles is the playground alpha vs alpha vs alpha build

When can we do this Benny? Kdog?

Jan. 4th does that work for you gentlemen?

2b694a3ecf2c797e851f271781c541fa.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19/52 works amazingly well. Peak HP is 8100 RPM. Clutch to 8150 to 8200. Your leaving power on the table if you clutch to 7800-7900.

Does anyone have access to dynotechs 2020 alpha dynorun?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched a few more dyno runs and researched my low RPM target and Benny is correct on the 8100-8200 I must have been smoking some of KaneDogs herbal meds the day I put that one in my head haha thanks Benny

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill come for the show and to see how everybody's clutching is working. Not going to lie bens kit works really well as im using it in my alpha as well

I’ve heard it works well, I’ve never once doubted it. Good job Benny

Top Bottom