SlimeR HDC Alpha

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What gear ratio did you end up using?

I decided to gear it down and collaborate with Mr. KaneDog to come up with a super ultra low gearing combo to utilize these clutches to there maximum. See how many clutches we can blow up in the process as well LOL

I have some custom gearing in the works but to answer your question the lowest I could go that’s available right now for the SMS kit without getting some new gears specially cut is 23x64 = 2.78 Ratio so I will start on the 2.78 ratio and drop the top down to a 22 then 21, 20, and then a 19 if needed which will be the smallest top gear that this kit will be able to take as there really isn’t much room left to go any smaller then a 19T and 64B is basically max for a bottom gear is what I’m told but I’m sure we could get a couple more teeth on there.

Start at 2.78 and go from there, it will be fun

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^X2

I just pulled that same foam from under the clutch yesterday. Missed it all somehow previously.

Right!!? She’s even the good thick stuff this year. Was super easy to pull out though I was happy about that mine came all in one piece!! I was laughing cause it’s a real mess when you try to tear it out after running it for a season all that black gross stuff from the belt and saturated in oil, so much easier to pull it from new!

I left the top piece that went under the belt guard it had bloody knuckles wrote all over it that belt guard is sharp!! I figured it would stop it from vibrating and was just a small chunk so that life got to stay

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled is sexxxy!!! black and grey sly dog skis :cool:

Thanks LeeBallzDeep! I was actually looking at those ones last night!! Those are the only ones I’ve found that would match this color combo.

Has anyone here ran the new sly dog skis? I’ve ran the old sly dogs in the past and hated them! had to modify them to make them work by cutting the backs off by a couple inches and cutting the edges as well

It’s to my understanding the new attacks are way better? Did they fix the flimsy ski loop? I can’t really ever see myself running anything but the SLP Mohawk as they are hands down the best ski I’ve personally used but open to opinions on this new sly dog attack if anyone has anything good to say about them as the black/grey combo would be the ticket look wise but need them to function more then look good

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with black skis. your accent green is so bright it makes the skis look dull and dirty

That’s what I thought!! Thanks for being a straight shooter!! #yoursledsucks do you know my buddy #porkchop?

TyDwyer51

Reaction score
Thanks LeeBallzDeep! I was actually looking at those ones last night!! Those are the only ones I’ve found that would match this color combo.

Has anyone here ran the new sly dog skis? I’ve ran the old sly dogs in the past and hated them! had to modify them to make them work by cutting the backs off by a couple inches and cutting the edges as well

It’s to my understanding the new attacks are way better? Did they fix the flimsy ski loop? I can’t really ever see myself running anything but the SLP Mohawk as they are hands down the best ski I’ve personally used but open to opinions on this new sly dog attack if anyone has anything good to say about them as the black/grey combo would be the ticket look wise but need them to function more then look good

The new Slydog attacks are awesome, I have a set on my 14 and work awesome. Solid ski loop, nice flotation but not too much where its hard to initiate a pow turn or side hill or anything like that. Im going to run the G2 skis on my alpha for a couple rides and see how i like them , and if i dont like them i will be putting the attacks on my alpha. Would highly recommend them for sure!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on the low gearing bandwagon for a couple of years. Ran 2.72 and peeps said I was nuts and it wouldn't work. The 174 loves it and went even lower this year.

Sled looks wicked as is btw coming from one of those so called dootards. I would keep the green skis.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right!!? She’s even the good thick stuff this year. Was super easy to pull out though I was happy about that mine came all in one piece!! I was laughing cause it’s a real mess when you try to tear it out after running it for a season all that black gross stuff from the belt and saturated in oil, so much easier to pull it from new!

I left the top piece that went under the belt guard it had bloody knuckles wrote all over it that belt guard is sharp!! I figured it would stop it from vibrating and was just a small chunk so that life got to stay

I managed to get it without bleeding. Surprised at how easily all the foam came out of this machine. In a doo it was lots of swear words.

The French safety sticker was the only tough one to remove.

Top Bottom