sleds seem to be worth more in parts!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the going price is for parting a sled out.....here is a list of what I might have.....let me know what you think it is worth!

sled is a 02 ZX with a triple 162 light weight everything

-Crankshop triple 809 with the 779 bottome end...215 HP complete from clutch to carbs (no pipes)
under 250 miles, airpods, vari-flow, power jets,

-engine plate....ZX triple

-AC roller sec clutch

-Diamond S mesh hood,with windsheild

-Gen 1 skies (yellow and black)

-carbon fiber trailing arms with radius arms

-aftermarket tunnel with major drop and roll (162 length) with bulk head and belly pan

-rear stock 02 skid with 2 inside big wheel kit....

-162x16x2.4 mavrick track....new

-titanium drive axle with advid drivers

-3 window race pack with 3 EGT,1 water temp sensor

-aftermarket bars with heated grips

-stock front shocks

-gas tank

-boss seat (need a slight patch the size of a loonie sewin on) but other wise great shape

just copy and put price behind each item! thanks

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do youthink your yamahas worth.30g to build.10g when ya sell it.... pretty sad.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to sell a f1000. 2007 snow pro. Only 198 miles. Can't get a call on it. And only want 7000 grand. I also have a low boost nitro. 2009 only $9000. No bites either. Bad time to sell used sleds

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really dont want to part out this sled but I should be able to get $4000 as a turn key sled! I rode it last weekend and it is a fun sled! I just dont need two high horse power sleds! what is this engine (jaws pipes, motor plate, bored carbs, vari-flo, power jets, clutch) worth if I pulled it to put in a stock 670 for the kid?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really dont want to part out this sled but I should be able to get $4000 as a turn key sled! I rode it last weekend and it is a fun sled! I just dont need two high horse power sleds! what is this engine (jaws pipes, motor plate, bored carbs, vari-flo, power jets, clutch) worth if I pulled it to put in a stock 670 for the kid?

Just a thought. Why not put in a stock 670, keep the mod engine, and when he can handle the power, put the mod back in?
That's just my suggestion.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really hard to sell used sleds when the dealers sell em for 0 down,and no payments for 6 months,, not a lot of us have the cash we used to.
my son paid $13,000 for his 2010 Assault, put 800 kms on it and sold it last month for $8000 . and was lucky to get that when dealers are blowing them out for cost or less..Friend of mine just bought a 07 Yamaha 4 stroke 4 cylinder w turbo and fancy tunnel,and thousands ofextras for $6000.00 .one of the poorest investments we can make are sleds.I still like to find a RX1,,there heavy,not good in deep snow.but reliable if left stock. fellow I know has over 40,000 on his 03..never touched the motor or drive line, just tracks and sliders and skags.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes hard to sell stuff when it's been bought with drug money.....

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do youthink your yamahas worth.30g to build.10g when ya sell it.... pretty sad.

So true. I have $23k into my Apex. I sold it last month for $9k with 1700 kms on it. Then it was making a weird sound and the guy told me about it. I told him I'd have no problem giving his money back. (I gotta sleep at night too, lol) So it turns out the centre belt was really sloppy on the blower. I bought it back from the guy.

Long story short I was heartbroken when the guy drove away with my sled. Now I have it back and the old lady says I can keep this one too! Woohoo, I don't think I'll even try selling it again. The sled market sucks for sellers right now!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to sell a f1000. 2007 snow pro. Only 198 miles. Can't get a call on it. And only want 7000 grand. I also have a low boost nitro. 2009 only $9000. No bites either. Bad time to sell used sleds
i seen brand new 2008 left over m1000's selling for 6g not long ago. hard to get 7g when you can get new for less.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is that guys think that what they put into them is worth the same price as new after its been used. Just because you put a $1500 track on it doesn't mean that after 2 seasons that track is still worth $1500. See this on builders websites all the time, list the the retail price of what it costs in parts and labour and try to sell the sled for that same amount after its been used for a season as a demo. People are starting to realize that $20K for a machine you use for 4 months out of the year is not really feasible in a sustainable economy.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am kinda at the same spot right now, sons 670 finally bit the big one this weekend, 5000+ miles never been opened. died on the trail, has spark and fuel but no bading bading bading. thinking the rotary gear sheared, at least hoping anyways, scary part is that the oil tank is ful and he said the last time he filled it was before we left on the last ride, about 100-150 km ago, wondering if i should just part it out or actually fix it. looking at prob 1500+ to do a complete on the engine i am thinking.
kinda hard to dump that money into a 13yr old chassis when you can get on a rev for 3500 or so.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes hard to sell stuff when it's been bought with drug money.....

you sayin people in BC sell and buy drugs? i never heard of such a thing before. always thought that was some weird firewood burning in the cabins. always seemed to be hazy in there.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of a few guys that have tried to sell older sleds, get zero bites, turn around and part it out and get more than they were originally asking. All it takes is time and a bit of work.

All this is another reason I'm done with mod stuff. The new iron is so much better than we had say 10 years ago, that all you really need is a few convenience items and some suspension stuff and you're good to go. Most of that stuff can be taken off and the sled put back to bone stock real easily.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the going price is for parting a sled out.....here is a list of what I might have.....let me know what you think it is worth!

sled is a 02 ZX with a triple 162 light weight everything

-Crankshop triple 809 with the 779 bottome end...215 HP complete from clutch to carbs (no pipes)
under 250 miles, airpods, vari-flow, power jets,

-engine plate....ZX triple

-AC roller sec clutch

-Diamond S mesh hood,with windsheild

-Gen 1 skies (yellow and black)

-carbon fiber trailing arms with radius arms

-aftermarket tunnel with major drop and roll (162 length) with bulk head and belly pan

-rear stock 02 skid with 2 inside big wheel kit....

-162x16x2.4 mavrick track....new

-titanium drive axle with advid drivers

-3 window race pack with 3 EGT,1 water temp sensor

-aftermarket bars with heated grips

-stock front shocks

-gas tank

-boss seat (need a slight patch the size of a loonie sewin on) but other wise great shape

just copy and put price behind each item! thanks

Not sure what the sled would be worth. But I would be interested in the skis. I hate my stock skis on my summit.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am kinda at the same spot right now, sons 670 finally bit the big one this weekend, 5000+ miles never been opened. died on the trail, has spark and fuel but no bading bading bading. thinking the rotary gear sheared, at least hoping anyways, scary part is that the oil tank is ful and he said the last time he filled it was before we left on the last ride, about 100-150 km ago, wondering if i should just part it out or actually fix it. looking at prob 1500+ to do a complete on the engine i am thinking.
kinda hard to dump that money into a 13yr old chassis when you can get on a rev for 3500 or so.

I potentially have a motor for you. Would be cheaper than fixing your other one probably, running and can be heard. Runs hard, no issues.

PM me.

Gary, I would think your motor would fetch about $1500, depending on mileage and shape. The 809's hauled ass but not many chassis' that fit a triple anymore, so you are looking at a limited market for it. Would be wise to advertize out east to some lake/drag racers, might get a little closer to $2000 out east IMO.

jaake67

Reaction score
You can't buy a new crank for the 809 anymore as far as I know, That should help the price out abit. If someone needs a crank its a grand for that alone.

So for all this talk about old mod sleds not worth much, I do not agree with the way the market is for them. True some are wore out dirty and wires hanging , but there are many that are in just as good of shape as a new one. that will kick ass to any new stock or slightly modified new sled, I think they should be worth a fair dollar, Just because there in a classic tunnel or bulk head should not matter if the sled has been built by people that know how to build something that works.. Barret jackson auctions might have to go under look at all that old junk there selling 25 year old cars going for a hundred grand.Thats old school stuff..lol.
Just my opinion. good luck on your sale

Top Bottom