sledding vs timbersled snowbiking???

motomike450r

Reaction score
Rode with a guy today who took his out for the first time. It did ok. He is already trying to figure out how to convince the pregnant wife that he needs the high end model that replaces the swing arm. The conditions were: wind blown 15" over a hard pack. He went everywhere I did on my sled. I will try it out tomorrow if he brings it and not his sled.

We went out again in 2+ feet of fresh fluffy powder and he had no problems except when he tipped it over. It was hard to start, really need electric start. His model is the renegade or avenger? and they make a longer track, 130 believe, that replaces the swing arm and that is the one to get.

Last edited:

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding tree's, logging blocks and what not like majority of people do in my area. They work awesome. You can drop into a creek right from where you parked that no one would ever think of doing with a sled. You don't have to ride far to find un tracked snow like you do on a sled.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never tried one, but would like too, from this video it looks like they do fine in deep snow.

Deep Powder on the Timbersled SX 121 - YouTube

Good vid and shows really what these bikes are designed for. That much snow and a bigger hill these bikes wouldn't be pulling it. On a 450 in that much pow you will be to the bar the better part of the day.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot iof fun, would luv to try one out, dont see replacing the mountain sleds but, might be fun around the farm.....would the track handle jumps?

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a KTM with a Timbersled. He loves it. He used to sled. Once you learn, it's pretty easy. You can't compare the two though. He does say that the only thing it can't do is climb straight up like a sled, but take it in the trees, and his sledding buddies can not follow. He goes places a sled would never take him.

Last edited:

Kranked

Reaction score
I'm thinking if your not set on being on a sled and figure you'd get out on your bike more often then go for it. Can't really compare the two. Too many people that have never tryed it shoot the idea down. I've been hearing good things about the timbersled track. Try it out and let us know how it is. You only live once. :beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried it a few times with a kx450 and a yz 450... few things I learned quick, electric start is a big bonus, when its deep and lay it on the side, second thing I had issues was getting use to the balance of the machine when coming to a stop, putting your foot out does not much...lol never liked the shifting idea to much, sore leg by the end of the day, sore ass as well... biggest draw back was lack of power... the yz would need second gear in the steep stuff, but I will say it was fun and I loved rip threw heavy trees where sleds would be going slower, and loved steep sidehills, I always thought they needed a turbo , much bigger fuel tank and a 3 inch 136 inch track, along with a wider front ski....

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their newest gen kit comes with the wide Simmons front ski.

Yeah I think I am going to pick up a 2013 kit next fall. Put it on a husaberg probably. I can using it for work, checking the block boundaries ;) lol.

Wonder what they charge out per hr haha.

Top Bottom