Sledding in Golden...?

m8cat

Reaction score
Hi fellow sledders and Merry Christmas, I am taking my wife and kids to Golden for their first time on Boxing day. They have never been in the mountians before so I am inquiring about good riding areas for there experience level. I have been in the mountains a few times but never been to Golden. Any advice from those of you that have been there will be appreciated.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say go to Quartz Creek, some good riding near the cabin for beginner riders. Be sure and deck them out with beacons and other safety gear. Have fun and be sure to post pictures of your trip.:d

waka

Reaction score
Quartz for sure... Plus you can try there new beacon practice area... Would be a great intro for you and the family... Merry xmas and have fun be safe...

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another area in Golden is Blaeberry River.

PM me your email address and I can email you a trail map for that area.

Chavez

Reaction score
Quartz is your best bet. nice trail and easy riding near the cabin with short access to climb some hills. Avalanche gear is a must!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz has a nice cabin to warm up or have lunch aswell. Ihave taken my kids there lots and ride thier 120 polaris up there i just tow it up to a nice flat spot and turn them loose. Another ara is Suzan Lake. It is up from Donald on the old Big Ben road.Lots of people go ice fishing up there.There used to be a look out tower somwhere in there to but i haven't been to that area for years. Also the Blabaery trail is good close to town. You used to be able to ride up mount7 aswell but i don't know if there is a nough snow. I'm brining the family out as well between xmas and newyears. Have fun and merry cristmas!

Top Bottom