Sledding in Elkford, BC. "The valley"

M

mattmedic

Nos, I will you know when there is a trip planned, soon i hope!!!!!!! "wish"

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah just went out and put a set of hyperfaxs slider on the sled!! My thumb is starting to twitch!!!:d:d

M

mattmedic

Yeah just went out and put a set of hyperfaxs slider on the sled!! My thumb is starting to twitch!!!:d:d
life is ruff with limited snow on the ground, but i feel your pain!!!!!! "lol"

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mattmedic, count me in on the offer too, please. Wanted to sled there last year, could not make it down. Looking forward to it in the new year.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard alot of places in Elkford are avay areas. There has to be alot of areas where there is a low chance of avay's?

M

mattmedic

I've heard alot of places in Elkford are avay areas. There has to be alot of areas where there is a low chance of avay's?
any where u go in general, there is a chance of avy's, and there are places where the risk is low/very low, it just finding where to go, ie. locals that know the area is a big help. i know where all types of conditions are i grew up there 20+yrs, so the need to worry is low, but there is always that inhearent risk, your riding sleds up and down hills cutting in to the snow pack, so always be prepared

Larry

Reaction score
I like open meadows with lots of snow and a few small hills to play around on, not much into hill climbing, I'm a big chicken ch!t when it comes to avalanches.

Sounds like my kinda ride, if you're looking for another rider let me know.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mattmedic were coming up there on the 26th of December with a few people and would love for you to show us around if your there during that time! Last time we were there was 2yrs ago for 3 days which wasn't quite enough to go and explore! We do have some ladies coming with us so were not looking for anything extreme!Have you heard about the snow conditions yet?

M

mattmedic

Hey Mattmedic were coming up there on the 26th of December with a few people and would love for you to show us around if your there during that time! Last time we were there was 2yrs ago for 3 days which wasn't quite enough to go and explore! We do have some ladies coming with us so were not looking for anything extreme!Have you heard about the snow conditions yet?
Pawel, there is very little snow there right now, but hoping it piles up soon. as for the 26th of Dec, i will be in CUBE till the 7th of jan, sorry, would have loved to take you folks around, and my wife rides as well, if by chance you might be up there another time, i will gladly show you around, keep in touch, and we'll try to hook up some time

Thanks, Mattmedic

Top Bottom