Sledding Cartoon Calgary Sun today

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Inn the calgary sun on page 14 is a cartoon of sledding,not sure were it`s going.Any thoughts.

I think what the cartoonist is trying to say is; that if you to want a backcountry guide for snowmobiling, it's gonna be a guy like Super Dave Osborne on a pro mod turbo and he's gonna lead you up the hill. All I can say is while it's somewhat humerous, most of the people in the media are pretty naive when it comes to this sport and the various facets involved. Many in the media must now think that this is the only type of riding there is in the mountains?

While they artistic talent in this cartoon is well beyond grade school, I'd say they still need a little more schooling! (lol) :paddle:

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Media;; I think its just another word for morons. On Canada am the other morning they intervewed one of the widows from the Revey tragedy. The meat head that was doin the interveiw was trying his best to have the lady break down on national TV and maybe at the same time have her slam the sledding world. But she stood strong in what she believed in and it didnt sit well with him.They have no idea what this so call hobby means to alot of Canadains and Americans.They have no Idea how much revenue and how many hard working people make there living from our so called hobby!As for the nice lady that was interviewed, she new what riding in the mountains ment to her husband. She said he was doin something he loved to do.She is probably one of the most strongest people I have ever seen on TV. My hat goes off to you mam,My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Media;; I think its just another word for morons. On Canada am the other morning they intervewed one of the widows from the Revey tragedy. The meat head that was doin the interveiw was trying his best to have the lady break down on national TV and maybe at the same time have her slam the sledding world. But she stood strong in what she believed in and it didnt sit well with him.They have no idea what this so call hobby means to alot of Canadains and Americans.They have no Idea how much revenue and how many hard working people make there living from our so called hobby!As for the nice lady that was interviewed, she new what riding in the mountains ment to her husband. She said he was doin something he loved to do.She is probably one of the most strongest people I have ever seen on TV. My hat goes off to you mam,My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

i watched that. he kept throwing down these questions and she kept firing back the oposite answer or reaction he was looking for haha. good for her.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Originally Posted by Longhairfreak
That sled will spank a turbo Yamaha.
just like yours!

What are you guys talking about. It is a Yamaha!

Better take another look?

Attachments

• Yamaha.jpg
    Yamaha.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 35

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an editorial cartoon bud, so look for the satire! In the recent light of the revy avy's, the cartoonist has made his snowmobiler express that it's time to hang up sledding and try something else.

well...'least that's how I see it - your mileage may vary...

haha maybe the cartoonist should learn how to draw better. just another person with some time on their hands trying to make a point....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, My moma always said if you dont have something nice to say about someone or something keep it to your self!

Moma quotes......

To quote the great Forest Gump quoting his moma......

"Stupid is as stupid does"

With the media the best thing one can do is ignor them, because any reaction good or bad is considered good to them....

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well that's a first, trailing arm sled with a-arm upper's, and a six cylinder with a blower. lol wouldn't be in business long.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a twin track and a turbo! maybe I should make one out of two lol. I think the side hilling would still suck! I wish the news would phone me up and I would take them on a family ride with the kids and show them what back country riding is all about! if they want to PM me to set up a time I will take them out!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have a twin track and a turbo! maybe I should make one out of two lol. I think the side hilling would still suck! I wish the news would phone me up and I would take them on a family ride with the kids and show them what back country riding is all about! if they want to PM me to set up a time I will take them out!

YES... because we need Bubbles representing us.....Bwahahahahahahaha:p

Top Bottom