Sledding around Eureka MT.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has sledded around Eureka, MT? How many areas and what's the snow like, Golden, Revy?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just check out Big Mountain ski resort, and they only have 6" of base and 4 " of fresh as of last night. I believe Eureka is 40 minutes away so the snow pack should be similar.:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just check out big mountain ski resort, and they only have 6" of base and 4 " of fresh as of last night. I believe eureka is 40 minutes away so the snow pack should be similar.:d

ya, had some friends drive through eureka, and they said sparse.... Too bad, good mountains down there!:(

Dixie Cougar

Reaction score
hey im a sledding virgin, but have lots of friends a family in the area, they say awesome....also used to own motorsport rental business there and thrived along with many others....
anyway, lots of snow, powder, aggressive hills and reasonable temps that mean you can go out all the time. about 20 degrees F. does that help?
do not know current conditions however. sorry. most sledding done high, cannot judge snowfall from town snow report at all.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey im a sledding virgin, but have lots of friends a family in the area, they say awesome....also used to own motorsport rental business there and thrived along with many others....
anyway, lots of snow, powder, aggressive hills and reasonable temps that mean you can go out all the time. about 20 degrees F. does that help?
do not know current conditions however. sorry. most sledding done high, cannot judge snowfall from town snow report at all.

Awesome. I never made it there last yr, but for sure this yr. Thanks for info, I'll pm you when we made a plan to go.:beer:

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Sleding is pretty good right now! Don't let the snow level in town fool you, we never have snow there, just head up graves creek (look at the graves creek post) 12 miles south of Eureka on 93, then to the end of the road 8 miles up to the parking lot, lots of fresh snow right now and lots of area's to ride. There will always be someone in the parking lot that will let you follow, Eurekian's are a frendly people!! :beer:

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
We are going to be planning on heading down next weekend. Where do you guys recomend staying? Good Hotels, Good food and Good Beer!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to be planning on heading down next weekend. Where do you guys recomend staying? Good Hotels, Good food and Good Beer!!

If you're going to stay in Whitefish the Grouse Mountain Lodge is taking Canadian at par... I think it was $135 per night with taxes.

There's plenty of good food in Whitefish and you really can't go wrong with $8.00 for a case of beer!

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Thats very true, how much further is Whitefish than Eureka and how close is it to the riding areas?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Little futher but we just stayed in Kalispell at the La Quinta, $69 a night, very nice and lots of room for trailers in the parking lot. Fridge, microwave, 2 queen beds, and super clean every time we are there.

Just skied for 3 days and conditions were unbelievable...very sad we didnt bring sleds, but this was the wifes trip, oh well, still had tons of fun!

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
No No No Ksanka inn in Eureka good rooms! Frontier Bar in Rexford, great steaks and Beers just 10 miles to the graves creek turn!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
The Riverstone Lodge near the border is open again. They have cool little cabins that are real tricked out inside and lots of room to park trailers. Their number is 406-889-5400. The Brower's Cabins are just a mile south of the Grave Creek turn. They are small individual cabins that are nicely setup. Their number is 406-882-4929. The Frontier Bar in Rexford is a must. They have the best steaks in the valley.

Top Bottom