sleddin on the island

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres to hoping bring my sled back to the island for Christmas

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i'm hoping you bring it back and get more than you wished for "snow wise" haha cuz then that just meens we are all in luck lol

R_janssen

Reaction score
how late does the season last?

The Island has 5 main places where people ride.

Mt. Brenton in Chemainus - I can be up there riding in 1/2hr from home, and Mt. Hall in behind Ladysmith - which is about 45min to be unloaded riding from my place. Mt. Brenton and Hall both have good riding - few good hills and there is a trail to link both together.

Go up Island, you can ride at MacLaughlin Ridge on the way to Port Alberni - Lots of riding up there, but last year snow was hit and miss up there. Then there is Mt. Washington - have to watch where you ride because of ski hill boundaries but still plently of riding where you won't have to go near there. Past Mt. Washington is the turnoff to Jutland and Mt. Adrain - Both have lots of riding and steep hills.

As for how long th season lasts - we were still riding at Mt. Washington in the middle of June.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also Iron River which is on the way to Jetlan but you have to be a member of or be with a member of the Cambell River club(or any club maybe) to get past the gate,theres also Bacon Lake off the Gold river highway,Mt Cain up by Woss is good to.I know afew others but I cant tell all my secrets ;).

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anxious as heel to get out there and check it out.... I be into to recycle around the 24th to pick up my membership

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ima be a Campbell River member so we should all be able to have access to it ALLLLLL bwahahahahaaaa, IF we need to be with a certain member for a certain area that is

Hardkore341

Reaction score
Anyone get up to the hills yet on the island? Just waiting for some pack before I pick up the new sled......

R_janssen

Reaction score
Haven't been up the mountain yet, Mt. Brenton that is, but it is covered with snow. I went on the first ride off the island to Brohme ridge - had to try out the new sled and it rocks!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been up the mountain yet, Mt. Brenton that is, but it is covered with snow. I went on the first ride off the island to Brohme ridge - had to try out the new sled and it rocks!

The system running through BC now must be laying down some snow

Hardkore341

Reaction score
Getting pretty stoked, getting the new sled tomorrow, then out to find the snow!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
so from Campbell River sledding is close with a good long season????

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya theres 3 good riding areas in under ahour,season goes to end of april but some years you can still ride in june.

Top Bottom