sleddin on the island

leanburn

Reaction score
i have family on the island that i visit now and then. is there any decent riding areas? is there anyway to find out snow conditions?

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the local's sled up near Mt Washington area I believe....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Nanaimo we didn't really have much snow to accommodate sledding during winter months. From what I remember you had to head to Mt Washington for the snow,.. which is where I went to ski also.

I used to wear shorts to school all year round.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Nanaimo we didn't really have much snow to accommodate sledding during winter months. From what I remember you had to head to Mt Washington for the snow,..

I used to wear shorts to school all year round.

30 years ago Nanaimo had a local ski hill.......:eek::eek:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 years ago Nanaimo had a local ski hill.......:eek::eek:

Mostly man made,.. I remember when they would shut down the buses and schools when it snowed 2-3cm overnight. Then by the afternoon it was melted and back to +10,.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres lots of good riding areas over here,no grooming or anything like that,dont no how they say we get no snow Ive seen over 20 feet myself,last year mount washington had more snow then any other ski hill in the world if Im not mistaken,but theres lots of places within a hour and ahalf drive,lots of just drive up the loggin roads till you hit snow and go ride all day and never see anyone,but there are 3 main areas were most people go.If you come over pm me and Ill show you some spots.Its going to be a great winter here,its snowin here in town as we speak:d

leanburn

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. i will be getting in touch with you scrambled, hopefully this spring.
how late does the season last?

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mt. Washington is awesome for sledding if theres enough snow....skied there all my younger life. Whenever I head back there I make it a trip and stop at all the sledding hot spots on the way ;) ...theres trails from nearly one end of the Isl to the next...awesome 4 wheeling 4 sure

I always try and go work for my pops trucking company in Campbell River for the summers

GB

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have family on the island that i visit now and then. is there any decent riding areas? is there anyway to find out snow conditions?

heres a link with web cams to see how the snow conditions are . I am heading up next sunday to giver a whirl I will post back how it was

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a hold of Joey he's over on the coast now and says Mt. Washington is the best place to sled.

ftmacdoo

Reaction score
Use to snow board on Mt washington never thought it would be good area to sled in. Anyone know where to offload and how to get there? Next time I leave Ft McMurray to go back home got to bring the sleds now
NEED POWDER AND LOTS OF IT

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you unload about halfway up to the ski hill,they plow a parkng area there,its not the best riding area around but its a fun easy place (to access) to ride with a variaty of terrain.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup jutlan is the best(excuss the spelling),long ride in but awsome once you get up in the alpine,plus tons of great spots on the way up,its in behind mtwashington,Iron river is nice to,getin up into the alpine can be tricky but well worth it,theres more but I gotta keep some secrets.

Top Bottom