sleddin in revy

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions right now are not very good. No new snow for over a week maybe coming up two weeks. Advice is bring more snow. Book hotels early, ensure you have all of the necessary safety equipment required to dig your friends or others out of an avalanche and ensure you know how to use the equipment that you bring. So many new riders say, I dont have to worry we will stick to the trail where no avalanches happen. LOL. Have fun. :beer::beer::beer: after the ride of course.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This picture was taken on Boulder on Sunday (8th), and there hasn’t been much in the way of new snow since then. Its pretty representative of the overall conditions. There is powder if you seek it out, but Revy needs some new snow. Still had a good time. Better than going to work.:)

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do ya mean by first rip to the mountains...first trip this year..or first trip??? I will likely be there on the 26th as well...there is snow that does not look like that in the right places...like he says just need to know where to go

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe you should ride with a few that know where they are going...like me and Milton? we probably could have a few along....what are you and the group riding...deep snow machines or prairie sleds?

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
2 crossfire 6oo's with deep lug tracks, 1 09 m1000 153 and i think the other guy we are picking up in sylvan lake has a yamaha mountain sled, hey that would be great if we could come along, we are experienced riders as far as flatlanders go. we are staying at the powder springs resort.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Powshredder if things work out and I have that weekend off I'll be joining you guys that weekend. Was talking to Mullen and Barrel today and will keep them informed if coming. There possibly will be 2 of us coming from the Edmonton, Edson area so you guys will be riding with someone who has mountain experience. Even hooking up with Dobir would be a good idea cause it's been going on 3 yrs now since I last rode Revy and probably have forgotten my way around there. Like someone else mentioned up in a earlier post make sure you guys rent avy beacons, probes and bring your shovels. Convince Mush that he should strap an aluminum grain scoop on his sled....:d

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will keep in touch...as it stands now Milton and I will be bringing a small group...we have been three weeks already this year so we know where the snow is...later

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dobir,Milton............Don't show them our secret spots.....or wait until i can come.

2dragons

Reaction score
we arrived to day and hitting the tails tommorrow our first trip have will let u know what it is like. staying at peaks lodge so far alright.

Top Bottom