Sledder Series - Edge Goggles and How to Manage!

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good video and very informative. But just buy one pair of 509 ignites and a spare battery and you no longer fog ever with 8 hours of full on heat. Forget about goggle management as it no longer applies with heated goggles. Plus, you really only need one pair unless you want multiple colours, so the cost is less than 2 or 3 pairs of good non-heated.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Good video and very informative. But just buy one pair of 509 ignites and a spare battery and you no longer fog ever with 8 hours of full on heat. Forget about goggle management as it no longer applies with heated goggles. Plus, you really only need one pair unless you want multiple colours, so the cost is less than 2 or 3 pairs of good non-heated.
Yes I used the oakley heated goggles , and prefer the not having a battery and never really needed them, some love them for sure but I only need one pair through the day and mine never fog so all good, but the heated goggle are good for those who love them for sure

Randi Morgan

Reaction score
i have a cheap pair of scott goggles with a habervision eliminator which works well and is much cheaper than the 509 version of the same fan. I am very very careful with them to keep them dry. I have them mounted with quick release straps to my helmet so if I take my helmet off they are attached to my helmet and clipped in place and protected from snowfall under the visor. Sometimes I will carefully set the whole helmet on top of the warm engine or unclip the goggles and place them on top of the cylinder heads and then close the hood overtop if I am taking a break - this keeps them nice and dry but be careful where you put them so they dont get melted. Also, never use kleenex or paper towel to clean them as it scratches the lens and makes them more prone to fogging I only use lenswipes and keep several on me. Whenever I am in the warmup shelter they go above the heater or woodstove to dry them out as much as possible. Lastly, I prefer the clip mount on my helmet and everytime I stop for more than a minute I unclip them and hold them away from my face or let them dangle so they dont fog from my breath. Its a bit of a regime but I rarely have any fogging issues and don't have to spend $500 on heated ones.

Top Bottom