Sledbetties Movie Premiere - RISE

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Great time last nite, and yes i will try and post up some pics monday nite.... Too busy today. Great video, and my daughter can't wait to pick up the video at the sled show......

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thanks to everyone who put in their hard work to make this film and event happen! :clap2: Had a great time! It was good too see everyone again and to put some faces to some names too! Awesome job betties and FANTASTIC vid Tam! :perfect10:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo.... Here was my take on the evening Premiere of Sledbetties:

First, the movie was awesome. I had goosebumps as the first few snowflakes appeared on the screen and the sound started to roll. This movie has really been a grassroots effort: it has literally found life in the living rooms and offices of a dedicated production and riding team. Sledbetties is not a group of film experts who specialize and make money from this kind of thing-- they are just ordinary people who have come together to make an inspiring film about women who love to rip. The amount of work that has gone into this would take pages to detail, but try to imagine a group of laypeople putting together months of filming and editing while trying to balance work, kids, and lives, (or various combinations thereof). Then there is the last minute scrambling to put together a premiere and even a midnight run to the border to pick up t-shirts and decals to sell!! By the time we sat down to watch the movie, the months of build-up was emotionally overwhelming for even me, and I have only played had a small part in the movie making, so far... I loved watching Tam's face throughout the movie, and especially her husband's face as those images danced on the screen. I could hardly imagine how she must have felt to see her baby play for the people!!

From the perspective of girl who has struggled and cried and giggled in the mountains, who is addicted to sledding and who can't wait to challenge myself on the hills again this season, the film RISE was truly inspiring... From day to day, I am a wife, mother, respiratory therapist, photographer, volunteer, laundry expert, chauffer etc., etc., ... but when I am on the mountain, I am just ME. It is the one place that I am truly myself, and I am able to feel alive and vital and challenged and refreshed. I am not the best rider out there, but I don't want to be- I just want to compete against myself and push my own limits. Not to slight the videos that have come before, becuase they are awesome too, but more than any other sledding film I have seen featuring "the boys", Sledbetties RISE made me feel like I can be and do better out there; simply because it features something I can identify with-- women with tiny little biceps and big hearts struggling against big machines and big extremes :) I know its girly and mushy and all that crap, but that's how I feel...

Second, I thought it was truly awesome to look out into the crowd and see so many Snow and Mud faces there. This forum has really come through for the Sledbetties in terms of sponsorship, advertising, door prizes etc., Ron Knight and Tyler G-- THANK YOU!! But more than that, it was nice to feel like we had a community behind us who was proud of the work that we did and pulling for our success. You have no idea how much that means--- my own family didn't come for various reasons, but the S&M crew was there full force!!

And I know we heard it alot on Saturday night, but I just want to say Thank You to Terry from T&T Powersports, who has jumped behind Sledbetties full force as a sponsor. Whatever we need, from chest protectors to door prizes, to fricking snowmobiles, Terry has always been there to jump in and say "what can I do"??? He didn't wait to see if the film came out and was a success either. Rather, he has believed in and supported us from day one... And yes, Terry, you are right: Chicks on Sleds are HOT!!!!

I can hardly wait for the upcoming season of filming and riding and playing...

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A review, courtesy of the highest ranks of the DPFN: :d

I had the opportunity to check out Sledbetties: RISE this past weekend and have to say that I am impressed! Good tunes, really good riding, and lots of nice deep powder footage. This sled flick was produced by an all-women’s production team, and comes in at around 53 minutes run time. In my opinion, this is just the right length for a sled flick, especially one you are trying to show to non-sledders who have a limited attention span for this kind of thing. It’s got a good flow, and an interesting pattern of grouping the riders into segments.

Unlike films such as the Thunderstruck, Slednecks, etc. series’ that feature very extreme situations such as death-defying climbs, jumps and stunts, SB:RISE presents a lot of riding that doesn’t look scary or intimidating to potential new (read: female) mountain riders. Except for a few ballistic vertical performances by the likes of Amy Flowers, Emile Moreshead, and Amy Enns, there is fantastic side hilling, carving, tree riding, and all around mountain riding to be enjoyed on this DVD. Pay attention gents: if you dream of the day you can get your lady to try out sledding, this film is a must-have in your collection!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Thank you very much for the Great evening Ladies. The film was awesome and the crowds reaction was great. Tam you gals did a very good job on this film and you should all be proud of yourselves.
I was fortunate enough to get my picture taken with the Stars of this flick but was refused the request to have my Moobs autographed by the celebs :(
Great night. A MUST SEE FILM!!!
:perfect10:

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 205

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
After speaking with some of the bar staff, and some others that were there, they much preferred this flick over the thunderstruck one, they found it more entertaining and more interesting. Better laid out

WAY TO GO GIRLS! We'll see you at the Snow Show this weekend.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the Great evening Ladies. The film was awesome and the crowds reaction was great. Tam you gals did a very good job on this film and you should all be proud of yourselves.
I was fortunate enough to get my picture taken with the Stars of this flick but was refused the request to have my Moobs autographed by the celebs :(

I think I know all the girls in this pic but for those that dont could u put a name to them thanks :)

\Wish I coulda been there I have been following the Sledbetties since i joined this forum...and I am not a sledder at all......... maybe one day!!
But really great job ladies!! U make me proud to say I am on the same forum as you :d:d:beer:

I quoted the wrong post but im sure u know what im talking about...

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i have to say is great job to the sledbetties team, video rocked, not going to go into detail, but it is a must see for all the ladies out there, and men alike, buy the video to see for your self.....:beer:

Again great job ladies, you can ride with me any day and help me get unstuck...lol.......:d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MuddKitty, just for you :)

Left to right is Richelle, Lara, Bettie Darcy, Rhonda and Corrisa. I'm in the front.

66935d1287418440-sledbetties-movie-premiere-rise-036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great comments everyone and for everything you all have done to support this project! :D It effects women across two countries and means the world to them to have the support needed so they can be part of something like this.

It's great to see that peeps get what we're doing and what this vid is about! We aren't about jaw dropping, death defying stunts, but about growing the sport and inspiring other women to get out and push the limits. To share the comraderie with other women, to step out of their comfort zone and feel the passion and confidence that comes when you achieve something you didn't think you could.

I look forward to what happens this season now that we have launched RISE and what it will do for the sport. I am excited about what women are going to do this year and the limits they are going to push! It will be great to compare this year's film to next years and to see the progress these girls will make this season.

I personally am inspired by these girls and am stoked to get out and get some wicked footage and to make next year a bad azz sled-chick flick!!! There is so much emotion that comes from something like this, and many times I had to step away from the computer to just breathe and compose myself. This is something that I guarantee Jim doesn't do LOL, but something every woman who has been part of this understands and has had happen to them at least once in this endeavour. It's been overwhelming in many ways and there have been many tears of joy, fear, passion, friendship, and just plain tears of being overwhelmed by the support from so many people, in so many walks of life. The one thing we needed to make this happen was support. And we got it. From our filmers, advertisers, rider sponsors, spouses, forum friends, you name it and peeps have stepped up in so many ways to make this dream happen.

Thanks again for supporting the Betties and the growth of women in snowmobliling!

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
Pay attention gents: if you dream of the day you can get your lady to try out sledding, this film is a must-have in your collection!

Love this quote! :)

This has most definitely been a rollercoaster ride, but an OH SO FUN one!

While I couldn't make it up there for this showing... I am pretty sure that everything said here was pretty much duplicated in Puyallup on Friday night. So much pride from the riders, so much emotion from the entire room. The room was packed with supporters from all different aspects of the industry! Newbies to business owners to other video producers and riders! We had Randy Swenson, Jim Phelan, Dan Bush and Mark Messinbrink in the room and they gave us their 2 thumbs up. People from OR, WA, ID, MT, BC & AB were there! WOW Such support! :Cool9:

The only bad thing about the night was I didn't get to see the film myself! LOL I had so many peeps wanting to visit... it was torture! :tearhairout:But in a way it was good, I was not emotionally prepared to watch it in public anyhow! :cray:

I am very proud to have been a part of this endeavor with ALL of you! :friends: Thanks to all who have supported SLEDBETTIES!

Exciting times... exciting times... :Vette:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Creep!!!

Top Bottom