sled weight

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledslut.....what does your Nytro weigh in at.......lol...wet? Sorry, that doesn't sound good. Just curious though. Thanks. Mind you I guess you probably don't know because the scale you have only goes to 550 lbs. Give me an educated guess.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the reason we didnt weight the sled wet also was that we didnt want to go over 550lbs and bust the scale that was only rated to 550lbs i would have done mine if we could have.

but for an educated guess i would say WET 600 - 630lbs. i will know a closer guess when a buddy gets his scale in he ordered from the states. then we will also have the wet weight of his buddys 2009 xp wet as well as long as he lets him do that.

but its like compairing apples to oranges with that question.. its a 4 stroke not a two stroke. the motor alone is i would guess 80lbs heaver if not more.
one thing i did find out is that with the motor out of the Nytro and an XP the chassies are danm close to the same weight.

but the whole point in the thread isnt to make ppl mad whitch it seems to be pressing ppls buttons cuz its not what they were told or red with the 451 dry weight from the books.

P.S. the gravity pull must be different in the alberta weather then anywhere els tho to get such a higher number LOL jk

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many gallons does the tank hold on the XP 10.6 US Gallons, Gasoline is aprox 6 pounds per gallon so tank + the 2.5 in the gerry can??? 78.6 pounds buy my calculation device.:p

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what we were guessing at. i said about 68lbs for the tank of gas no gerry can..

so lets say for arguement sakes 470 + 65= 535lbs.. thats not too unrealistic

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what we were guessing at. i said about 68lbs for the tank of gas no gerry can..

so lets say for arguement sakes 470 + 65= 535lbs.. thats not too unrealistic

no weighted my dads 2010 xp on the truck weight scales and it came in at 528 thats with no eletric start. and thats with fuel, oil, and chaincase oil.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive done that too with mine, and u cant get a proper reading cuz the scale can not be zeroed or the truck has half a tank compaired to a full tank.. but really what were saying here realy isnt all that wrong.. ur saying its 7lbs lighter thats the difference of a MBRP can, or electric start or 6l of fuel. were not that far off.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive done that too with mine, and u cant get a proper reading cuz the scale can not be zeroed or the truck has half a tank compaired to a full tank.. but really what were saying here realy isnt all that wrong.. ur saying its 7lbs lighter thats the difference of a MBRP can, or electric start or 6l of fuel. were not that far off.

I say your right on the money give or take a couple of pounds.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I figured the fuel weighed less then 70 lbs for 40 L of fuel. So it about 63 lbs, so this will make the 2010 Summit XP weighing in at about 550 lbs wet. Pretty good guesses some of you made, I was off by 30 lbs. Does BRP say in their books that with ELECTRIC start it only weighs 454 lbs DRY. Thanks for the posts sledslut. If you ride a Yamaha, what do you really care what this sled weighs? Just curious. I bet Cat, Polaris, or Yamaha are not exact either. Are we comparing reg fuel or premium in the tank, that probably makes a slight difference too, lol. Are you putting a 50/50 mix coolant, that would make a difference too on how much water you are using, their is so many variables, lmao. Just kidding, I don't really care. I just like to ride a sled. I know the yamaha bravo i ride is lighter then all your sleds. lol.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol.. i dont care about weight.. i only started this forum to see what other ppl thought and if my educated guess was off..

then it started going oh about how much my sled weighs. i know its more. But really under power it doesnt weigh anything with 280hp.

Bravos are sick man.. get stuck. just through it on the sholders and walk 4 ft LOL

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledslut, you need to keep your fuel tank full and maybe add another battery under the hood. Throw a few more tools in the toolbag as well....will help keep the front end down ;) oh, and you can always turn the boost down a little :d

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, guys.....guys, I hate to say it, but read the whole post, she clearly said it was RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE. So yes, very little fluids in the sled. I am guessing it is going to weigh in at 519 lbs. 40 L of gasoline doesn't weigh 70 lbs. Add some oil, and coolant. Has anyone ever weighed there 08 or newer summit 154" track, electric start, with after market can. Those cans must take away 3 lbs or more. :nono:

I don't know about any other true can weights, but my stock suitcase (used) was 11 pounds heavier than my new HPS can. HPS came in at 4 lbs, 6 ounces I believe. Stock can was almost 16.

Amazing that at first you wouldn't think fuel is heavy. At the airport (calgary), for unleaded fuel, its calculated to 6.25 pounds per US gallon at 20 degrees celcius.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Takethebounce, thanks for that....wow....I didn't think a tank of fuel would of actually weighed that much. But....when you start to calculate it out and look at the actual numbers, it all makes sense! They sure don't feel like 550 lbs or more if fuel caddy on, when you start to lift them around(not in deep snow). I know the 06 Polaris 900 I had was a tank, holy ch!t.....pulling that new XP around feels way better.

Top Bottom