sled weight

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do I have to up my bid? I think I originally said 553.5....lets go 561!

I still believe its 553.5 ...although those new batteries are HEAVY!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so after the long decision.. the sled that was used was a non PDI'ed sled.. so had chain case oil and coolant and a battary on it..

was a sum 154 x with electric start weight was 478. somehing lbs
ill post pics when i get back from riding.. so the guys what were saying around 550 were prity danm close!! on monday we are goign to do one full of fuel and ill get some pics too.. the scale we rented was only rated to 550lbs so i dont wanna reck it at a 4000$ replacement cost

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
478 says right in my last post. thats just uncrated and weighed.. ill post some pics in a bit

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so here are the only two pics i took..

the scale and the sled that was weighed. i couldnt get the scale and the sled in the same pic. but on the sled pic u can see it in the background

Attachments

• DSCN0379.jpg
    DSCN0379.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0380.jpg
    DSCN0380.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 21

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we weight my dads brand new 2010 summit x 154 on the weight scales full of oil fuel and all fluids. it can in at 528. and my 2004 summit 144 came in at 572

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so here are the only two pics i took..

the scale and the sled that was weighed. i couldnt get the scale and the sled in the same pic. but on the sled pic u can see it in the background

This started out with a full jerry can/harness on the back, full of oil, antifreeze, and a full tank of gas!

There is no way that came in at 478. something pounds....what gives?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledslut..... That weight posted is "as delivered" right? That would be just a sip of fuel, and low coolant, and oil and chain case levels, right?

no its not. i watnted to fill it with fuel and oil but they wouldnt do it. cuz the scale was only good to 550lbs.

all we did was uncrate a new sled. so all that was done to it was NOTHING!!

uncrated has NO GAS, NO ENGINE OIL. is full of coolane, and chain case oil.

you have to remember guys that "dry weight" is dry weight.

thats no coolant in the system at all, no oil in the motor, chain case, shocks or brake fluid.
from factory they ship them with coolant full to where they DONT have to run the motor we top it up at pdi. has 250ml of chain case oil for the chain case, brake fluid and shocks are all setup.

that night was at our open house and we had a draw on the closest weight. we had people look at that going thats not true bla bla bla.

when we weighed the sled. we hooked up all the cables to the scale then zeroed the scale. then hooked up the cables and lifted the sled with the fork lift..

it is what it is so believe it or not, thats what we came up with.

im going to get a wet weight asap! in that im meaning full of fuel, oil and ready to ride.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah I was wondering why that sled was on the fork lift...I was like WTF are they doing with that, it looked as though someone was hanging it from the handle bars.

So 478 dry weight with e-start/battery installed? not to bad. Few pounds very the limenine vinyl as well. :cool:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, guys.....guys, I hate to say it, but read the whole post, she clearly said it was RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE. So yes, very little fluids in the sled. I am guessing it is going to weigh in at 519 lbs. 40 L of gasoline doesn't weigh 70 lbs. Add some oil, and coolant. Has anyone ever weighed there 08 or newer summit 154" track, electric start, with after market can. Those cans must take away 3 lbs or more. :nono:

Top Bottom