Sled Vacation Help

Maverick

Reaction score
Hope you can help me with some good sled vacation locations ...

My son and I ride in the Valemount BC area (I'm actually from Ontario) and it has come to my attention life is far to short so I want to surprise him with a week long trip ... just me and my boy. I know there are several good locations but I'd really like some guidance to get to the right spot. Our plan is to ride somewhere new for 3-5 days and allow a couple of days for travel. We're ok to travel north or south and would like to get to one location that offers great riding and decent accommodations.
If you know of such a place or have already done a trip like this I would truly appreciate your help.

Thanks to all for any suggestions .....

Brad

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Revy, If you stay at the Glacier house Lodge you can ride Boulder mountain and Frisbie Ridge from the door of your Cabin or room. Or the Peaks hotel you can ride both mountains from there to. Peaks is a bit cheaper but still nice and good food. Both places sell gas to. And theres allmost always good snow! Have fun

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Blue River last year and it was incredible.Lots of place to ride.Holy smoke inn is a great place to stay

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Sicamous. You can stay and ride with Rene St Onge. He is a great rider and guide. His lodge is dedicated totally to sledders. I have only stayed there once for a few days but it was a great experience. Sorry i don't have any contact info for him but he is on this site and im sure one of the others can help you with that.

ridealaska

Reaction score
I don't have much information about it but I know that Stewart, BC is my dream sledding vacation spot. Someday I'll get their...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Contact rene st.onge in sicamous for some of the best riding you'll ever have...... He is a wonderful guide, and his lodge(the eagle valley lodge) is also sponsor on this site. Contact him and enjoy his fabulous lodge. Rene has been in several of the snowmobile videos too.....
He's " i dare ya rene " on this site, and dootalk.com........ http://www.eaglevalleylodge.com/

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@ of the Best Rene's in Sicamouse Eagle Valley Lodge and in Blue River you can't beat the Holly Smokes Inn. Both places have incredible hosts and terrain.:beer::beer::beer::d

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya stay at rene's you have the choice of riding owls head, eagles pass, revy and many other good local area's.its close to all area's with a short drive, plus you can get rene to guide ya around to.

Maverick

Reaction score
Great information ... thanks to all for the help. I will get to the planning stages this weekend to set up our trip.

The young lad will be blown away :)

I will blog the adventures and provide the pics of the adventure.

Cheers ...

Brad

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after going to all the places to ride sicamouse is still the top choice to ride...has all that is needed for beginner to expert....

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you can help me with some good sled vacation locations ...

My son and I ride in the Valemount BC area (I'm actually from Ontario) and it has come to my attention life is far to short so I want to surprise him with a week long trip ... just me and my boy. I know there are several good locations but I'd really like some guidance to get to the right spot. Our plan is to ride somewhere new for 3-5 days and allow a couple of days for travel. We're ok to travel north or south and would like to get to one location that offers great riding and decent accommodations.
If you know of such a place or have already done a trip like this I would truly appreciate your help.

Thanks to all for any suggestions .....

Brad
Can you be my Dad too? What a great thing to do with your son. I wish my sons would have gotten into sledding.:beer:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also try Golden B.C, it's on the way to where your going, plus the Dog Tooth range is massive and unique, you will have a better chance of riding in the sun too. I'd Stay at the Golden rim inn, Peaks rentals is located in the lobby and they have band new summit 800 xp's they can supply you with a guide, also look into Mountian Motosport (formally GSR) as their Guide Aaron is a SICK rider and can show you some sweet spots.I would suggest riding Gorman, Silent pass or Quartz Creek. I'd ride there for a day or 2 then head to Revy.
In Revy I'd stay at the Peaks lodge, or grab a place in town to sample a true ski town, there are lots of "bunnies" there now that the ski hill opened, your son will like "bunnies", especially the Aussie and French ones :d. While in Revy I'd ride Boulder and Frisby. Then head to Sicamous and ride Owls head and Blue lake, then head north to Valemont, but since you've been there perhaps try something different. Being a Calgarian and a Cottage owner in the Sushwap, I get to ride everything from Golden to Sicamous, each area is sick but all are different in their own right, and each has a different vibe to it, do not let anybody sell Golden short, I have had my best days sledding there.

Maverick

Reaction score
Excellent info ... can't wait to get out there ...

I like the idea of riding different areas and will likely use a local guide ... live to ride another day :)

Top Bottom