Sled Theft Recoveries

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've heard of people getting their trucks and trailers back after a theft, but has any of the sleds been recovered yet?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did manage to get my sled trailer back with both sleds! We had to chase them they ended up in a creek so we took there truck and left them high and soaked..lol, turns out the truck they were driving was stolen as well....they ended up with a slap on the wrist what a joke!:d

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did manage to get my sled trailer back with both sleds! We had to chase them they ended up in a creek so we took there truck and left them high and soaked..lol, turns out the truck they were driving was stolen as well....they ended up with a slap on the wrist what a joke!:d

Glad to hear that you got them back. Should have broken their hands so they might think twice about stealing again.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got them back. Should have broken their hands so they might think twice about stealing again.

Yeah we were going to but when they jumped in the creek at -12 we stopped there. But watching the RCMP K9 chew on one of the guys arm was such a great moment!:d, While another Cop beat him with a 2ft Mag light...lol!

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stealing a women's sled should be considered "Justifable Homicide".

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine had his Summit stolen at 4 in the am at -38...they took his garage door spring of so that they could get it out...that was 2 months ago..it just showed up someone riding it thru town!! The cops impounded it and it was somewhat damaged..meanwhile, now the insuranxce company is saying that it is to be repaired and he gets it back!! A month ago they said they would pay him out..but not now that it is recovered..so, he lost 2 months of use, and gets his sled back, repaired!! What a $hitty deal!!!:(

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine had his Summit stolen at 4 in the am at -38...they took his garage door spring of so that they could get it out...that was 2 months ago..it just showed up someone riding it thru town!! The cops impounded it and it was somewhat damaged..meanwhile, now the insuranxce company is saying that it is to be repaired and he gets it back!! A month ago they said they would pay him out..but not now that it is recovered..so, he lost 2 months of use, and gets his sled back, repaired!! What a $hitty deal!!!:(

Yeah - and so they will fix it cosmetically, but how much wear and tear has been done to the motor and drivetrain?? I'm sure that people that steal sh!t always take the best care of someone else's property....:rolleyes:

This pisses me off to no extent - buddies g/f had her car stolen in college, they found it 3 weeks later in a gravel pit, obviously had been joy ridden and jumped a bunch - insurance company paid to repair it and the thing smoked like crazy, eventually the motor blew about 2 weeks after she got it back. She had to replace the motor on her own dime, insurance wouldn't back it up!!!:mad:

Sure the insurance will fix it cosmetically, but its probably been ratbagged by now. You get a nice looking sled that runs like crap.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If your friend still hadn't gotten paid out after two months, I would question if he was dicking around on the settlement and they finaly got tired of him. He inflates the price and shows how much he's in love with the sled and they just want to reaquaint him with his first love.

Sorry to say but your buddies feeding you a line.

Top Bottom