Sled Skiing Boot Solution

jockdoc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am wondering what you guys are using for a ski boot solution for sled skiing? Do you have a rubber/vibram sole as is typical on AT boots? Or what about some type of slip on rubber slip on for ski boots? Or do you change boots once you get to the POW zone?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Inially used regular ski boots which do work u just slide around a bit till I get use to them, I now have ski touring boots which have a vibram sole and are awesome, prefer these to changing boots out there.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear touring boots with vibrams too, it still sucks. definately not as good as snowboard boots. option is to put ski boots in boot bag with hand warmers in each boot, strap to ski rack and change out to ski.

jockdoc

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I have a set of Garmont Shoguns with Vibram soles, but I just find then to be a bit "flimsy" so to speak, that is, compared to my Alpine boots... Which touring boots do you use?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I have a set of Garmont Shoguns with Vibram soles, but I just find then to be a bit "flimsy" so to speak, that is, compared to my Alpine boots... Which touring boots do you use?

dallbello virus, they are great for touring and skiing pow. not stiff enough to drive the big skiis in the chop at the resort though.

sledrat403

Reaction score
I change boots once I get to the alpine. I used AT boots with rubber soles in the past and the improvement was only marginal. After a few sessions the rubber DIN sole started to get thrashed.

Big bag in my tunnel rack for the boots strapped down works pretty well. THen as a back up plan you can go roop it up! Also makes breaking sketchy uptracks a whole lot easier

Top Bottom