Sled salvage yards

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of any quality sled recyclers in the edmonton area or that would be willing to ship to edmonton. I don't want a basement deal but don't want to pay dealer mark-up prices either. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who has a summer project this year and don't want to break the bank doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys/gals M.P.E.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobile Recylers/Sleddin the West...Dusty" Threadkiller"
DeWinton AB. 403 938 0930
015-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

009-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

DUSTY is good peeps...lots of vintage parts, late model parts, current parts and has good pricing on brand new parts too. Bonus Dusty is a Sledder with connections.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Glens Small Engine in Lloydminster, google for the number

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a new guy starting up in Rimbey saw his add on Kijiji going up there on saturday to pick up a recoil for my powder special

cyclejerk

Reaction score
You could try RICK'S Sled Shed in Willingdon! Or there is the Sled Parlor down in Carstairs! I am sure they both ship province wide!

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will warn you not to waste your time at Canadian Motorsports Salvage off of 156st in Edmonton. What a strange group. They do not appear to want to sell anything. If you ask for a price the scruffy goof of a mechanic immediately phones a dealer asking what the new price is. Then he asked for 65% of new. And even then they might not sell you a used part. Their first concern is that the part is no longer available then you get a BS story about the value of the part. I went there for quad parts once and they tried to tell me an internal gear that they had was worth a fortune because it was obsolete even though the gear they had was missing teeth. What a waste of time. That place should be bulldozed down.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will warn you not to waste your time at Canadian Motorsports Salvage off of 156st in Edmonton. What a strange group. They do not appear to want to sell anything. If you ask for a price the scruffy goof of a mechanic immediately phones a dealer asking what the new price is. Then he asked for 65% of new. And even then they might not sell you a used part. Their first concern is that the part is no longer available then you get a BS story about the value of the part. I went there for quad parts once and they tried to tell me an internal gear that they had was worth a fortune because it was obsolete even though the gear they had was missing teeth. What a waste of time. That place should be bulldozed down.

Your right about that hole!! Do not waste your time at Canadian Motorsports.:rant:
I went there a couple of weeks ago....looking for a jackshaft & secondary clutch for my old 79 Pantera that I pulled out of my barn and want to get running. He pointed me out in their yard where there are rows of old sleds. I searched around and found what I could use - -he wanted $95 for the shaft and $175 for the clutch and I had to remove the parts mysellf because he needs to stay up front. I told him a new shaft from Cat is only $120, why would I pay $95 plus removal from the sled.....he couldn't care less.

Got a hold of Steve from what was Saylors Supply and bought both pc's for $80......didn't have to remove the parts myself either.

Canadian Motorsports is a waste of time and effort.

By the way....does anyone have a track for a '79 Pantera???? Mine is kind of rotten. I think its a 16"x121"

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have Steves Phone number.
I used to buy from Mr Saylor for 30 yrs, he would see me in line and say,
" Ken, you know where everything is, go get it" and sometimes I would help him serve customers, miss that man, was freind and really knew his old sleds.
I like to find a electric starter and components fir my 800 Polaris.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have Steves Phone number.
I used to buy from Mr Saylor for 30 yrs, he would see me in line and say,
" Ken, you know where everything is, go get it" and sometimes I would help him serve customers, miss that man, was freind and really knew his old sleds.
I like to find a electric starter and components fir my 800 Polaris.

supreme marine and sled 780-459-4333:d

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Landon or Marty at The Sled Parlour in Carstairs 1-403-337-4093, best customer service in the buisness

Top Bottom