Sled Oil

dragn

Reaction score
Hey so i just got myself a new sled and they really are pushing usng the xp 2 stroke oil in it but on my older sled i just used formula 1 oil from canadian tire. The oil jug says right on it that Ski-doo approved the oil. So im just wondering am i going to reck anything in my sled by using it instead

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey so i just got myself a new sled and they really are pushing usng the xp 2 stroke oil in it but on my older sled i just used formula 1 oil from canadian tire. The oil jug says right on it that Ski-doo approved the oil. So im just wondering am i going to reck anything in my sled by using it instead

I would sugest sythentic oil for sure or the BRP blend.....

Canadaian tire has the shell synthetic and goes on sale for a fair price twice a year and many of us have used this oilf for years in the 800r engine and once my jug of doo oil is empty my etec will get the same.

good luck

Last edited:

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
Ski Doo has been pushing there own oil forever. It's crazy expensive IMO and really not worth the extra money.
I run Amsoil. Amsoil just did a full test on there oil using the ETEC engine. It meets and exceeds the OEM BRP oil.
And it is warranty approved for Ski Doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Yamaha.
I also sell Amsoil now for almost half of the Price of BRP oil.
Hope this helps.:cool:

dragn

Reaction score
yes thanks and i did look at the shell oil and compared it to the formula 1 one one day and i never seen anything different and im pretty sure is warranty approved just like the amsoil stuff but again thanks

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant go wrong with amsoil, I used it in all my 2-stokes and never had a problem. Even got caught in the backcountry once, the temps dropped to -34c and sled fired and rode out without any issues.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell Advantage systhetic-- It goes on sale--Like hafe price---I buy lots--All I use

thinking your going to be disapointed this year, crap tire has it on sale right now, definitely not half price 25% off a 5 litre jug pricesd at 47.99 on sale, may as well buy doo oil and keep your warranty.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always hear the same story about "other" than Mfg brand oil, voiding the mfg warranty. Is there anyone on here that has had personal experience with an issue where they were denied warranty because of the brand of oil they were using? and provide some sort of credible proof?
I just don't see any dealer or mfg spending thousands of dollars having a lab test oil samples so they can avoid covering the cost of a blown engine.
Also Like I said before, I've never seen a BRP or Canadian Tire refinery so theres actually a good chance they both get their oil from the same source. ( wild speculation )

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always hear the same story about "other" than Mfg brand oil, voiding the mfg warranty. Is there anyone on here that has had personal experience with an issue where they were denied warranty because of the brand of oil they were using? and provide some sort of credible proof?
I just don't see any dealer or mfg spending thousands of dollars having a lab test oil samples so they can avoid covering the cost of a blown engine.
Also Like I said before, I've never seen a BRP or Canadian Tire refinery so theres actually a good chance they both get their oil from the same source. ( wild speculation )

Do not need a refinery to make synthetic oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
thinking your going to be disapointed this year, crap tire has it on sale right now, definitely not half price 25% off a 5 litre jug pricesd at 47.99 on sale, may as well buy doo oil and keep your warranty.
I'll sell you amsoil for $40.00 including GST and it's warranty approved........... just sayin.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted this on other oil threads:
I have run synthetic or semi - including Doo and Amsoil- and popped three doo motors in my mountain sleds.
Run all sorts of two stroke oil in my other sleds - depends on store I am in when I remember I need oil for weekend of farm sledding and have never popped a motor on the junk oil in the farm sleds including my MXZ 670HO.

My brother has blown zero motors and rides the same and as much as me and runs the junk esso oil with the black sludge in the bottom of the one litre containers.

On the dealer side of warranty they have alwys said they don't really care what oil as long as the rating is correct - Riverside - and have fixed motor on warranty.
As long as the oil is rated to sled requirements I'm not to big on oil hype.
:twocents::noidea:

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
5L or the 3.86L jug for $40? Apples to apples?

Apples to apples= sale price at canadian tire 25% off (when everyone loads up) for shell oil is $10.07/ L (5L jug $50.38 incl. GST)
Amsoil is only sold in the 1 gallon jug (3.86L) =$10.33/L ($40.00/ jug) Thats my regular price. I can do a bit better on larger orders.
Its warranty approved and we all use it in our sleds. We ride as cold as -35c in prairies and in mountains.
Trust me its a good price. I have guys ordering from me in quantities of 20 jugs at a time for there groups.:beer:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Apples to apples= sale price at canadian tire 25% off (when everyone loads up) for shell oil is $10.07/ L (5L jug $50.38 incl. GST)
Amsoil is only sold in the 1 gallon jug (3.86L) =$10.33/L ($40.00/ jug) Thats my regular price. I can do a bit better on larger orders.
Its warranty approved and we all use it in our sleds. We ride as cold as -35c in prairies and in mountains.
Trust me its a good price. I have guys ordering from me in quantities of 20 jugs at a time for there groups.:beer:

Thats a good price.....I got a case from the Amsoil booth at the sled show from the girls for $150.....Oil and babes.....whats better than that?......LOL

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the oil at canadian tire is 20% off not 25% off this year, it used to go on sale for 25% but apparently now they only do 20%

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
Thats a good price.....I got a case from the Amsoil booth at the sled show from the girls for $150.....Oil and babes.....whats better than that?......LOL
Hahahaha That is hard to compete with hahahaha. But like i said I can do better if you buy more than one jug.
I don't do it for a living, so feel free to get it wherever. Just sayin! I do believe its $57.00/ jug at Ct +GST

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hahahaha That is hard to compete with hahahaha. But like i said I can do better if you buy more than one jug.
I don't do it for a living, so feel free to get it wherever. Just sayin! I do believe its $57.00/ jug at Ct +GST

When I need another case, I'll get a hold of ya.... Legal is not far from me....

Top Bottom