Sled Film- What Do The Members Of S&M Want To See?

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plz dont make a movie, there are WAY to many sled movies out there already haha jjk, and to be completely honest, the majority of them suck. i mean if you arent tired of burandt hoping around like a frog on crack then you must be crazy. we get it, you can ride the trees.... and the thunderstruck movies have to be the gayest thing to hit film since "dallas does dallas".......as for making a movie like the art of flight, you should know that there budget ran well into the millions, so unless your an exec for syncrude i dont see that happening in the sledding industry. same reason sledding music sucks, no budget. whos gonna blow there whole budget so they can put the new lady gaga tune in there movie?!?!?!

you want to turn some heads with your movie, i suggest you pretend your on skis when your riding your sled.....look for skiier lines, only guy doing that is treadway, and its the coolest SH*T out there BY FAR!!!!!!!!
good luck!!!! post it up when you get it dialed!!!!

Cartel

Reaction score
plz dont make a movie, there are WAY to many sled movies out there already haha jjk, and to be completely honest, the majority of them suck. i mean if you arent tired of burandt hoping around like a frog on crack then you must be crazy. we get it, you can ride the trees.... and the thunderstruck movies have to be the gayest thing to hit film since "dallas does dallas".......as for making a movie like the art of flight, you should know that there budget ran well into the millions, so unless your an exec for syncrude i dont see that happening in the sledding industry. same reason sledding music sucks, no budget. whos gonna blow there whole budget so they can put the new lady gaga tune in there movie?!?!?!

you want to turn some heads with your movie, i suggest you pretend your on skis when your riding your sled.....look for skiier lines, only guy doing that is treadway, and its the coolest SH*T out there BY FAR!!!!!!!!
good luck!!!! post it up when you get it dialed!!!!

I agree with alot that you say in here, the riding style is really what will set the movie apart from others, I just want to know what is it that people look for in the shots themselves, what the are tired of seeing.....

I personally think the riders in Thunderstruck are all good and all of that lovely stuff however I can't watch their films from begining to end due to the music selection and similar shots over and over....

As for the art of flight, yes they did have major $$$ invested, but in part that was due to all the aircraft, shooting locations, and top talent.... many of the angles and style of shots done in the film are not anything that would break the bank.

I am glad to see all the comments and discussion going on!!
Keeper comin' !!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I' like to see something with Chuck Norris in it, the guy is a legand, throw him on a sled and can you imagine the possibilities? :)

But seriously, you have to dig to see what is new. It seems a lot of sled music is either some sort of metal, or rock which is fine, but other sports are using that dub beet stuff which if paired with the right scene is okay.

Your user name makes me wonder though, "Cartel"...ever have an affiliation with paintball? You want to see some great movies with great action and something that entertains you, go watch some Derder Films.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like seeing a video with a mix of it all as much as the next guy but I want to see a video with a mix of attainable stock sled riding with good music in multiple riding areas where rider ability reigns supreme and there's not just blue bird footage, don't get me wrong it takes a ton of ability to climb like the Krazies and boondock like the pro's but on a stocker with a can doing wild rides in all scenarios is what I wanna watch

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with alot that you say in here, the riding style is really what will set the movie apart from others, I just want to know what is it that people look for in the shots themselves, what the are tired of seeing.....

I personally think the riders in Thunderstruck are all good and all of that lovely stuff however I can't watch their films from begining to end due to the music selection and similar shots over and over....

As for the art of flight, yes they did have major $$$ invested, but in part that was due to all the aircraft, shooting locations, and top talent.... many of the angles and style of shots done in the film are not anything that would break the bank.

I am glad to see all the comments and discussion going on!!
Keeper comin' !!

one word, cineflex, thats where all your epic shots come from....

Cartel

Reaction score
one word, cineflex, thats where all your epic shots come from....

I would agree, equipment like this does not come cheap!

turret.jpg mainphoto.jpg cinex260.jpg

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree, equipment like this does not come cheap!

View attachment 116355View attachment 116354View attachment 116353

ya, there so badass, couple buddies are working up at the baldface resort in nelson, there hosting travis rice's new event this year called supernatural......they built a bunch of jibs and such in the summer that are gonna fill in as the gnarliest pillow lines in the world!!!!!!! i heard words up a cable cam from top to bottom, i think its like 2200 vert ft.
Travis Rice and Red Bull present Supernatural, a snowboarding contest - ESPN

Cartel

Reaction score
Too bad they are having the contest some time between Feb 2nd-9th (on the best day) I would love to watch something like that and be apart of something that could change how people compete in snowboarding in the future... Real cool stuff!

A cable came would be perfect for a venue like this, but with so many rider options it'll be had to get them at all the different lines

Top Bottom