Sled Decks

mxguy339

Reaction score
I wasn't too sure where to throw this postbut i've been hearing rumors that BC is banning sled decks on half ton trucks just wondering if this is true and when its taking effect.....need to know if i need a new truck by winter

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't too sure where to throw this postbut i've been hearing rumors that BC is banning sled decks on half ton trucks just wondering if this is true and when its taking effect.....need to know if i need a new truck by winter

i could see it being true. you could haul the sled deck but no sleds. you would have to have heavily modded sleds,to lighten them up, and super light deck to be legal if it was even possible to do. i think that a guy can do it but if so it would be barely and would depend on how fat you rbuddy was if you could be legal or not.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There no ban that specifically names half ton trucks that I've heard, but load a deck, 2 sleds, gear, and a couple of guys and a half ton is likely over weight.

This has been discussed before... a lot. Here's some reading for you.:beer:

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/2010-ford-f-150-deck-legal-31899.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/1500-chevy-two-sleds-22616.html

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have never been legal. they are going to target them more this year as it is easy $$$. also not legal in Alberta as well, it has to do with weight

mxguy339

Reaction score
well i don't have to worry bout it anymore i got a dodge 1 ton on the way...:)

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has never been legal to have a sled deck and quads/sleds on a half ton they have been loosely enforcing this for years. They are also looking at length that sleds are sticking out behind trucks also.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has never been legal to have a sled deck and quads/sleds on a half ton they have been loosely enforcing this for years. They are also looking at length that sleds are sticking out behind trucks also.

I think we need to re phrase. I think you can put a deck, sleds quads on just agaist the law to be over weight...right!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So would a Ford Ranger with a deck and 2 sleds be legal???

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are also looking at length that sleds are sticking out behind trucks also.

Sorry to ask the stupid question but how far off can you be? I have a 7' deck with a 163 XP. I thought it hung off too much so I put a light on it when its up there. But I have no idea if thats enough? I thought I read somewhere that you can't be more than 18 inches? from the last light? I put the light there because I didn't want someone to hit my sled :d

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far off the side can you be? LOL

Attachments

• overloaded-truck2.jpg
    overloaded-truck2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 275

mel.h

Reaction score
Sorry to ask the stupid question but how far off can you be? I have a 7' deck with a 163 XP. I thought it hung off too much so I put a light on it when its up there. But I have no idea if thats enough? I thought I read somewhere that you can't be more than 18 inches? from the last light? I put the light there because I didn't want someone to hit my sled :d

The light is required, put a 12" x12" flag on there too, just to make them happy!

Top Bottom