Sled deck???

sicamousmarina

Reaction score
Marathon all the way, I know I own one and sell them as well...I have a 8 foot with slide outs and 12 foot ramp.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, I am a big fan of the Cross-Trax decks. But I might be a little biased.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at one right now...Titan....where are they built ...any good? Don't know a thing about them....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at one right now...Titan....where are they built ...any good? Don't know a thing about them....

They're made in China. No offense to anybody that runs one, but they are inferior. I personally wouldn't touch it, but some people that run them say they work.

nosmoke

Reaction score
too bad you want slide out sides. I have an older marathon for sale right now at less than half the price of a new one, glides and clamp all go with it.

pirate01

Reaction score
I have a marathon that i would sell for $2500.00. pm me if your interested. i have ran them all stf , cross trax. and i have brome them all also the only one that is bullet proof is the marathon. imo

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it were me i would just build one myself (weather you have the equipment or not that might be a problem) but they are a simple deck to build

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a STF that I bought at a REpo Auction in Edm,the ramp was missing, I phoned STF and they made one for me,going today to pick it up,they said they are closing there doors.

Attachments

• Sled Deck 001.jpg
    Sled Deck 001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 349

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of a custom 8' aluminum deck that I designed and had built in Kamloops by Rivershore Boats.

As you can see I removed the box on the truck and I sold it for $1000 but I kept the bumper and all the electronics for back-up sesnors, lights, etc.

The deck has folding sides so I still doo have a box of some sort. A ramp slides underneath. Not a high dangerous climb and the only thing that someone might say is missing is the storage of a conventional box but that doesn't really affect me as I don't spend a lot of time on long trips. I'm 10 minutes from the staging area!!

Attachments

• 100_5018.jpg
    100_5018.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 335

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the verdict on the new truck boss decks? I personally don't like how the expanding sides slide out. Too many sliding pieces to get dirt and ice in. Can someone give me some real world experience with one?

A buddy of mine is looking for a new deck to go on a '08 GMC 2500 short box. I think he'd like the truck boss but not if it's a head ache to slide in and out. He'd like expandable sides and possibly some sort of rear extension. Cross - Traxs makes a rear extension. Does anyone else? Who sells decks near Calgary besides Marathon and Cross-Trax. Are Bulldog decks any good?

He's got a skidoo '7 summit 151 and a skidoo 670x 136" . It'll occasionally haul an '06 Apex as well, so ya it's gotta be tough!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone commented on the "X Deck"? Seem to be a nice unit, from the pictures, and great price (low $2ks).

TroutHawk

Reaction score
Just got back from my second trip (to the mountains) with my Truckboss. You will NOT find anything that "has it all" like the Truckboss has. Anyone who can't see the difference between a Cavalier and a Cadillac needs to go back to the Bloc de Quebecois! :d Vive l'Alberta!

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
What's the verdict on the new truck boss decks? I personally don't like how the expanding sides slide out. Too many sliding pieces to get dirt and ice in. Can someone give me some real world experience with one?

A buddy of mine is looking for a new deck to go on a '08 GMC 2500 short box. I think he'd like the truck boss but not if it's a head ache to slide in and out. He'd like expandable sides and possibly some sort of rear extension. Cross - Traxs makes a rear extension. Does anyone else? Who sells decks near Calgary besides Marathon and Cross-Trax. Are Bulldog decks any good?

He's got a skidoo '7 summit 151 and a skidoo 670x 136" . It'll occasionally haul an '06 Apex as well, so ya it's gotta be tough!

I'd challange anyone who ownes or has owned a Bulldog deck to say something bad about them... They guarrenttee all welds for the lifetime of the deck... they've been around for over 15yrs and aren't going anywhere.... they've got superclamps both front and rears sold with every deck... and super glides... the ramps are awesome, deck is reasonalby light.. and you can close it for one sled or spred it to have two sleds on it...10 ft ramp slides together to fit in an 6 ft box,, I've had the Bulldog deck for 2 seasons, probably 200 sled trips on it, and it still looks new and has no sign of fatigue...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Their old version yes, that's what I have had for 5 years and no problems, well no problems not caused by abuse. I found out the headache rack isn't tied down to the deck all that great when I loaded my apex a little fast one night. The headache rack is welded to the deck now and no problems since.

Top Bottom