Sled deck???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well when i bought they were around 3500 new..i think they look nicer unless you get the black powdercoated marrathon thats a ncie deck.

however there was also alot of used ones that had only seen a couple uses for 2000+-

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Check us out

Marathon Decks - Aluminum Welded Decks, Sled Decks, Snowmobile Decks, ATV Decks, Quad - HOME

There's lots of pictures of our decks on different trucks on the site so that you can see what it'll look like on your truck. We also do a crazy amount of powder coated decks these days. I've got the flat black myself . . .so sweet.

More people make their living with a Marathon deck than any other brand. We do a lot of survey trucks.

Call and talk to Jay or Vaughn

780-440-6800

Cheers

Chelle

Attachments

• DSCN8345a.jpg
    DSCN8345a.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 546

cumminsummit

Reaction score
I've run the cross-trax deck for 3 years now and had nothing but good things to say. Extremely good customer service. Good craftsmanship.
A good buddy of mine just bought one and he paid around $3000 for retractable sides, superglides on the ramp, and 2 super clamps, LED lights, 2 cargo lights underneath.... There are plenty of extras you can ad on to them too.
Check out the website if your interested.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
And now for a little rant . . .

I'm all for good 'ol fashioned competition with STF, Bulldog, Jet Craft, Crostrax plus a few others but when someone takes a product that you've spent 10 years developing, copies it directly and then tries to sell it in your backyard it's hard not to feel ripped. We employ welders here in Alberta, pay taxes here in Alberta and service the local community here. We could have our decks made there too but then I'd be out of a job along with 20 of our people. If you buy one of those knock offs your supporting who? Please think about it. Buy Canadian made!!!

Thanks

Chelle

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm all for good 'ol fashioned competition with STF, Bulldog, Jet Craft, Crostrax plus a few others but when someone takes a product that you've spent 10 years developing, copies it directly and then tries to sell it in your backyard it's hard not to feel ripped. We employ welders here in Alberta, pay taxes here in Alberta and service the local community here. We could have our decks made there too but then I'd be out of a job along with 20 of our people. If you buy one of those knock offs your supporting who? Please think about it. Buy Canadian made!!!

Thanks

Chelle
free trade and the global economy and all that.....Same thing every time you go into the Wal-Mart......

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Got mine from Jet Craft in GP in '98'. Most of the time it stays on the truck yr round except when I need to pull 5th wheel. It gets alot of use hauling more than just bikes & sleds... It has stood up very well & gots more years yet ! :)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Chelle
I'm a little confused here maybe you can enlighten somewhat, I've compared STF, marathan and bulldog decks, and they are built totally different, so they are not copied. Are you refering to the idea of the sleddeck being ripped off?

STF is built here in alberta and bulldog is built in BC, Each manufacture has is pro and cons built into their deck, and the consumer buys a product to suit his or her needs, Marathan makes a fantastic deck, but I didn't feel like crawling under my truck to get at the bolts everytime I wanted to remove it, As for crosstraxx and jet craft I've never seen one, i don't even know where there built.
I drove all the way to Sylvan lake to pick up my STF deck and was very impressed with the fabshop and they make a strong product.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Chelle, I have a marathon, older yes, For Survey work I have 2 STF decks, love the welds, hold up well and strong, no bolts very bad design on your part. Competion makes for better product or your out of business, Sylvan lake Trailers and Fabrication , in Sylvan Lake are local and make a good product, For the work surveyors do your product must stand up to rough roads, as in bounced around alot
I for one would not buy a bolted deck again, as they do not stand up, Also welds must be strong, a cheap product at a premium price just won't fly with the abuse we put on a sled deck.
Sounds like spilled milk on your part, marathon ramp system I like, You are trying to make one design fit all.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
There's no spilled milk here and like I said in my rant, I'm all for competition. Stf makes a good deck as do several others. We disagree on how a deck should be safely mounted into a truck but that's ok. It's the consumers choice. If someone chooses to purchase a STF over us that's ok in the bigger picture as it's made in Canada!!! And when the welds crack you can take it back to them for repair.

What makes our deck different is that our deck is designed around aluminum extrusions that we created and is not made of off the shelf material that anyone can go buy from an aluminum supplier. The chinese deck is a direct copy of our extrusions. They did no design and engineneering work. They did no testing. All they did is take one of our old decks, sent it over to China, copied the extrusion profiles and sent the finnished decks back here. That's ripping off our hard work. Even BMW is suing a car company in China for copying their X5 suv. By the time it goes to court the company has changed names and is now history. This is not a new situation, look at all the knock off quads and dirtbikes.

End of round two.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun sled season.

Cheers

Chelle

Top Bottom