sled deck

GRD

Reaction score
air bags are a must, i think it would close bc is my only worry

If your thinking about putting a deck on a 1/2 ton that you haven't bought, why not buy a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton??? :confused:

You'd be over in Alberta too!:confused:

Plus with the extra weight, the truck is lacking suspension, brakes, and so on.

:twocents:

At one time I was thinking about doing the same thing. I talked to a number of people, and decided to buy a bigger truck...

tburg

Reaction score
i was thinking of a 3/4 or 1 ton, but $$$ and cost of repairs trying to save where i can

tburg

Reaction score
i agree it would be easier to buy a heavier truck, but if i do buy it would be a diesel theres the cost difference.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree it would be easier to buy a heavier truck, but if i do buy it would be a diesel theres the cost difference.

like GETR'DONE says if you haven't bought the truck yet step up and by a 3/4 ton or better yet a 1 ton. Not much more in cost. But as you say the Diesel is the big differnce in cost. Does't have to be a Diesel to be 3/4 or 1 ton.

tburg

Reaction score
true enough it doesn t have to be a diesel, call me stubborn but if i am going to buy a superduty it has to be diesel. driven them with the 5.4 no thanks and the v10 sucks fuel with best of them. if its going to bad on fuel it my as well be the 6.4$$$:rolleyes:

Summit H.D.

Reaction score
I have a 3/4 Dodge with a Hemi, air bags, Marathon Deck and I love it.
With two sleds, gear, some tools, and about six jerry cans I am about
100 kg under my GVW, just right.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
my truck was new and not much more than a half ton.Besides you can't put a price on your life or other people that might get involved if ya know what i mean!!!!And the dealers prices have dropped so much on all new trucks,,,,,there are all pretty well dying for sales

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get an 08 duramax crew lt for 40 000 and seeing as you a diehard ford man you should read some of threads on the 6.4 before you buy a diesel Also just so you know i get 11 mpg with my cargo trailer full of tools, about 6000lbs and 18 mpg empty highway. All on a ccsb chev 2500hd with 6.0 l gas and 3.73 gears.my addons are below. Sorry its just my opinion and dont know why some guys want dielsel for the little they use them

tburg

Reaction score
well i will find out how desperate the dealers are tommorrow, i have a recall on my 06 to get fixed. see what they will do for me, not in to much of a hurry lease is up in dec. the way things are going the longer i wait the better the deal im going to get. :)

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking the same thing about the new f150 as well but i still really think the 3/4 ton is the way to go
the 09 f150 should be more than capable of hauling a sled deck and 2 sleds or quads
3130 lb payload
2 machines and the deck would only way 1800lbs aprox
that would still leave 1300 lbs for gear/fuel/passengers etc
i don't think i would want to pull a trailer with the deck loaded though and air bags would be a must
a 2009 gmc 2500hd crew cab short box 6.0l is only good for 3480lbs 2wd/ 3240lbs 4wd

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that configuration on those half tons are equivilent to a heavy duty half, or 7700 series. they are an 8600 gvw truck, but i as would you tow 10 000lbs with a half ton or 24 000 lbs with a one ton, i've pulled 10 000 with my truck and will never again

tburg

Reaction score
it would be close i agree, as for the 3/4 ton the gas jobbies you either have now power 5.4 or no $$$$ V10. if i had to pick a f150 to tow a trailer and f250 with a 5.4 i will go with the f150. if its a diesel not comparison

Jake

Reaction score
Make sure you scale the actual truck you are going to buy, dealer might pay for this. The published cargo ratings are for stripped down models. My 7700 F150 is good for almost 2800 lbs in the box. This is more than some 3/4 ton, full load diesel crew cabs can haul legally. I looked at another make, the salesman said everyone was hauling sleds on them, turned out to only be good for 740 lbs in the box.

Top Bottom