Sled Deck that can hold seadoos

willhickey

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place however I am looking at building something that I can put on top of my sled deck that will allow me to put my seadoos up top instead of pulling the trailer. We are hoping to do a houseboating trip in the sledding off season and I want to take my boat and seadoos with us. Let me know if you have herd of anyone doing this.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loading/unloading is going to be the issue don't you think. Gonna have to get your truck pretty wet to load up easily. You should look at one of these hydraulic drop decks.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
woundentca need to back into the water over the roof of the truck:eek:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just need to build a difrent type of ramp that the seadoo can slide on and some brackets to hold the seadoos then some winchs on the deck to pull them up.

willhickey

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I would put a few winches on the top and winch them up. I would be that you would not even need to put the truck in the water if you had ramp that went out 5-7 feet from the truck. I just don't know if it has been done. I thought that it would save me alot greef for many years.

Cameo

Reaction score
If you took the telescoping ramp idea used for loading quadsand expand on it.
I would do it so that you would have to move the 2 doos together. have the lower part of the ramp be what the doos are parked on. As you winch the 2 units up, the upper part of the ramp slides into the lower part. I would put a set of rollers on the top of the ramp, that would ride in a track bolted to the deck. as the doos get pulled up, the ramp collapses on itself, and it slides to the front of the deck. I would make the rollers and track out of steel (use a jibcrane trolly for the rollers) to avoid wear. The only challenge to this idea is unloading, depending on the balance, you may need to shake it like a deck truck unloading a skid to get it to fall over-center, but then easy-breezy. I was thinking about this a few years ago when I was looking at loading seadoos above the roof of a crewcab, and hauling a 5th wheel. sold the 5th, never bought the seadoo, and avoided the whole thing. I think it would work pretty goo though.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would work with a atv winch up on the headache rack with a pully to either side to get a strait pull, some kind of v with buckboard on the ramp to guide it up and a saddle on the deck to sit it in.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would work with a atv winch up on the headache rack with a pully to either side to get a strait pull, some kind of v with buckboard on the ramp to guide it up and a saddle on the deck to sit it in.

yea that what i was thinking.

Cameo

Reaction score
Thats what I meant, have the lower part of the extended ramp in the water with the V made of carpeted boards, fixed to the ramp, and side-by-side. the doos would be run up on the boards, and strapped down before being pulled up by the winch.

jaredvh

Reaction score
Get one of those sled decks that drops down out of the back of the truck and just about flat to the ground. I forget what they're called.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See now is what you doo is peel the box off and drop a deck on retrofit it with a quick bolt on frame to support the doos and the have a crane to liftem on and off. Do it right jk

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
We've had a couple of different people make a trolley system with a winch to pull their PWC's onto the deck using our stock telescoping ramp. I'll post a picture as soon as I can find it.

Cheers

M.

willhickey

Reaction score
That would be great. At least I could get an idea of what it would look like. I think that the idea of having the first ramp roll inside the second one would work great. I was thinking that is would be tough to fit it all in a neat package with the carpet boards tilted in. However I will bet you can just lay them flat and have them pinch the seadoos haul. That way it would be more compact. I have thought about getting the deck that just folds off the truck however I would assume that they are fairly heavy. I am trying to keep weight somewhat down. I think once you put seadoos uptop and a boat with all the gear it will get pretty heavy. (Doos and deck approx 2000lbs, Boat 7000lbs, Gear 200lbs) Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can actually get a trailer that uses hydralics to lift your seadoos over the boat and place them in front of the boat, saw it online a while ago, and i think the price tag was 25k us

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Here's one that I saw but it's not our deck. I'm not sure if this was a home job or not but looked good.

Picture 015.jpg

willhickey

Reaction score
Ya all he did was bolt on carpet rails to the deck. I will bet if you did the same to the ramp it would go up. If you use a winch system you may not even need a telescopic ramp because it really would not matter how steep the ramp was, just as long as you had a winch long enough.

Top Bottom