sled deck removal/install

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is everyone taking the deck off your truck and putting it back on. I had mine on and just took it off, scratched the truck when lifting it off, it was just too heavy for two people. Is there a way to do this with camper jacks or something, I dont have room to keep a forklift in the garage for this purpose.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

The easiest way I woudl suggest if you are just your self, depending on which deck you have, you should be able to rig up a pulley system anchored to two points in your garage (hitting studs of course) back your truck in sling the deck raise it enough to clear your wheel wells, lower it down onto 4 dollies and then you can wheel it around wherever you want.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the garage is full as the boat is already put away for the winter. Was wanting a way that i could do out in the yard and with little or no help. I was thinking about a camper jack for each corner or something like that

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have plywood in my truck bed. But all i do by myself is drag it out the back of the box, set the back end on the ground prop the front corners up with a 2x4 about 7' long and drive the truck out. No problems at all :d

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the legs for the deck are wider than the wheelwells, so it cant be dragged out that way, any other ways?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find some stronger help? LOL Sorry I had to. I have always just lifted one guy on each side, never an issue as long as the ramp is removed. Can't think of much better way to do it, unless your doing it with a roof to lift it off.

sled

Reaction score
If you can pm me a fax Number I could fax a rough drawing of a manual lift that you could make in one sat.I used them at RV shop when the campers did not have them or rental units

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
how is everyone taking the deck off your truck and putting it back on. I had mine on and just took it off, scratched the truck when lifting it off, it was just too heavy for two people. Is there a way to do this with camper jacks or something, I dont have room to keep a forklift in the garage for this purpose.

...Mine is bouts 350lbs with under slung fuel tank (Empty)... Pull back a bit, Lift front & push til it slides over the end to the ground, Jump off, Pull from the back until it is near truck end...Then stand on end & drive horse away.... It works for Me ! :beer:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...Mine is bouts 350lbs with under slung fuel tank (Empty)... Pull back a bit, Lift front & push til it slides over the end to the ground, Jump off, Pull from the back until it is near truck end...Then stand on end & drive horse away.... It works for Me ! :beer:

Mine is probably same weight, but hit rear corners of truck box when I unloaded it that way. Left a nice scratch on both sides. Dont want to have to make a trip to the body shop

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just like to do it fast. Pull out the ramp. Pull out the sides, lift the front on, then lift from the sides and carry it forward. Before I always did one person front one back, I find sides work a lot better.

I am sure I could load my STF myself without an issue if you get a bit creative. Although it helps that the front legs clear the fenderwells, so it just has to be pushed in.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is get rid of it, and I'll make you a smokin' deal on a new aluminum Cross-Trax deck. One person job to load it and unload it.

How good you talking? I'd like a price please, I wouldn't mind a new deck if the price is right :)

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is get rid of it, and I'll make you a smokin' deal on a new aluminum Cross-Trax deck. One person job to load it and unload it.

you make a youtube video of just one normal man unloading a deck and not breaking their back or winching it to the roof and I'll buy one

hedge

Reaction score
Could I see some pics of the ramp? I see pics of everything else on the site but haven't seen any of the ramp. Is the ramp 1 piece, 2 piece, telescopic?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever consider an enclosed trailer!!! Nothing like it! :beer::d:beer:

If I had room to store it I would buy one in a second. I can't believe how cheap they are now. My deck is always in my truck, because theres no place else to put it. Storage is to pricy for my poor butt to :p

That is a good price on the deck. Gonna have to see if I can get what I want out of my STF :beer:

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Team Green

If you can't use a pulley system, then your idea of camper jacks, with a bit of innovation could work just fine. I would suggest making a base in which all four are attached, then have them braced so they are strong enough. Back the truck in between the jacks and lift the deck up and drive forward. With that system you would basically leave your deck in the air until the next time you wanted to use it.

If you guys are looking for decks, have a look at our products! There is not a better built deck on the market.

Attachments

• DSCF1167.JPG
    DSCF1167.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 121
  • P1120774.JPG
    P1120774.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 108
  • P1120781.JPG
    P1120781.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF1166.JPG
    DSCF1166.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 103

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
If I had room to store it I would buy one in a second. I can't believe how cheap they are now. My deck is always in my truck, because theres no place else to put it. Storage is to pricy for my poor butt to :p

That is a good price on the deck. Gonna have to see if I can get what I want out of my STF :beer:

I bought mine with my Skidoo buddy a few years back!! He's stored at his place for awhile now I've recently moved and have room for it now.

Bottom line it was an inexpensive way to go there's four of us all the time so fuel is cheaper etc. Good option!! If you have the option to go into it with someone its works!! ;)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine with my Skidoo buddy a few years back!! He's stored at his place for awhile now I've recently moved and have room for it now.

Bottom line it was an inexpensive way to go there's four of us all the time so fuel is cheaper etc. Good option!! If you have the option to go into it with someone its works!! ;)

Two of my buddies got 2 place opens, so that's why I got a deck, so we can have 4 people. Craming 3 onto a 2 place and one in the box sucks and takes forever. We were toying around the though of all of us going into a enclosed together, but frankly I don't want to, to many grey areas that I could see leading to problems.

Wish I could afford a nice new deck, got my used STF for a reason, with two superclamps it was $1650, can't touch a new deck for that.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think with 2 people you should be fine, as long as you are careful. i put my STF deck back in yesterday with 1 other guy and we had no problems. i had it on and fastened down in less than an hour, probably closer to 40minutes.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
52" ramp is nice. So it is a 2 piece ramp tha pins together in the middle? Not telescopic
How much for just a ramp?

Top Bottom