Sled deck plans

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans or designs on how to build a sled deck?

use the convenient search button up in the top right corner, this topic has been covered several times

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/thinking-building-sled-deck-3520.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/finished-my-homemade-sleddeck-today-20390.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f76/steel-sled-deck-20236.html

Might be some for sale in the classifieds area too.
Good luck with your build

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just built one and have been asked to draw up the plans I got. When I get em drawn up I will post them

nosmoke

Reaction score
why build one? just buy mine. its a marathon longbox old style,ramp with extension all aluminum for 1400. you cant build it for that.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built my steel deck for about $400. Maybe 50lbs heavier then an alum, but still loadable myself. Big difference imo and you can build it for your specific needs instead of a generic deck.

deman686

Reaction score
Anyone have some plas or drawings? Look to build on for my f250 shot bed truck. Build one for my work truck just as a starter to see if I liked it. Works great.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the plans anymore. May be able to find pics of them when I get home. 4- 2x6 on edges plywood overtop of them. Then 4-2x4 on edges again but only 2 per side. They slide under the upper deck part. Use eye hooks and turnbuckles from upper deck to truck tie downs. Then to secure ramp in place both for loading and hauling use long lag bolt pining each ramp to the main deck. Mine folded ip when not inuse so the tailgate could be put up. I am typing this o. iPhone at airport could do better explanation on puter later with photos maybe.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I spent about 200 on material and a few beer to build it

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a custom one built around my tool boxes so they are still functional. Possibly a custom aluminum one to just haul one sled....

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you do build one put a beaver tall on it real nice for the ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built my steel deck for a total of $200. i went steel cause id rather have the extra weight in my truck for snowy conditions mine is 8x8, then i have a 1 foot beaver tail on it, so that makes it 9' its really quite simple, i built mine in all of 4 hours

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one.

Sled Deck_0001 (Large).jpg

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you by any chance have any blueprints or scratch marks on a napkin I could use!! Lol

I will see what I can put together for ya tomorrow. I know I have some pics on here in a previous post. Let me see what I can draw up

Top Bottom