Sled deck, learn me

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go off road with your deck spend the $$ and get a full lotus, marathon or m line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In relation to the comment by Modman, Caliber glides are cheaper than SuperClamps for a reason. The Calibers are more brittle in the cold and break way too easy (a different mixture of polymers). My American made flat deck came with the Calibers; on the flat they are fine but not on the ramp. I replaced them all after one season as they just broke apart. SuperGlides are softer/more pliable and stand up much better. You get what you pay for and Randall will stand behind his products 110%.

24V E30

Reaction score
Ya we spent a lot of time going up/down logging roads this season and that's why I want a deck now. Loading/unloading sleds and having to hand balm the trailer around and then the truck gets old fast.

I really don't want to spend more than 3k all in with glides and clamps so full lotus, bull dog, truck boss are out of the question. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't spend that kind of coin on a deck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we spent a lot of time going up/down logging roads this season and that's why I want a deck now. Loading/unloading sleds and having to hand balm the trailer around and then the truck gets old fast.

I really don't want to spend more than 3k all in with glides and clamps so full lotus, bull dog, truck boss are out of the question. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't spend that kind of coin on a deck.
This year was a sled deck year forsure , even a 2 sled trailer was a pain in the arse lol

I will never go without a deck again, although I don't drive 8 hours to sled, then an enclosed would be nice to keep stuff dry ect, but not on a year Like the last one

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im probably selling my Full Lotus with slide in extensions, (full lotus prototypes), full superglides and two superclamps. One year old just havent decided on price yet or availability.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
one thing I do wish is that more companies made 10 foot or longer "UTV" ramps for decks....... loading the new ACE last night on the sled ramp, not a lot of room for mistakes........

SRT

Reaction score
one thing I do wish is that more companies made 10 foot or longer "UTV" ramps for decks....... loading the new ACE last night on the sled ramp, not a lot of room for mistakes........

My Old Denali deck had a 2 piece ramp. It was 10' and on a non lifted truck it was like driving on a freeway. I had a FLM deck as well. That was a telescopic ramp. I felt much more comfortable loading on my Denali deck.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My Old Denali deck had a 2 piece ramp. It was 10' and on a non lifted truck it was like driving on a freeway. I had a FLM deck as well. That was a telescopic ramp. I felt much more comfortable loading on my Denali deck.

ramp is a 2 piece, but its only so wide...... I have roughly 3/4" on either side when loading the ACE or the Quad, but for some reason the quad doesn't bother me......

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone make a deck that sits on the box rails and actually somewhat seal off the box? My friend does custom fab and we were talking about building me one. Thoughts or experiences or comments appreciated. Holio

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone make a deck that sits on the box rails and actually somewhat seal off the box? My friend does custom fab and we were talking about building me one. Thoughts or experiences or comments appreciated. Holio
Yeah truckboss but it's a real pain if you want to take it on and off very often. It takes a long time.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had Wes @ Cross-Trax build mine with individual 12' ramps for that reason. I have a third 12' ramp that goes in the middle for loading sleds. It takes a little longer to put 'em all together, but it works good for quads, sxs's, and dirt bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_2807 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2807 (1024x768).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 266

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ramp is a 2 piece, but its only so wide...... I have roughly 3/4" on either side when loading the ACE or the Quad, but for some reason the quad doesn't bother me......
Ya that's not safe at all, wait till you're trying to load it in the rain... Don't ask how I know...

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should look at getting 2 skinny ramps then you can adjust for differant width machines

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im probably selling my Full Lotus with slide in extensions, (full lotus prototypes), full superglides and two superclamps. One year old just havent decided on price yet or availability.
Do you have a price for your deck yet? I am looking at buying a before the fall.

24V E30

Reaction score
Alright trailer is sold so time to decide what deck to go with, I have a few options just can't decide.

Truck boss deck for $2600 would still need to add the long box install kit to it which is $100. Already has full superglides and is full aluminum deck surface and telescopic ramp, would just need front super clamps. So all in probably $3100. Not bad for full aluminum deck but seems like a pain in the azz to remove it in the spring if needed.

Then there's a member here with a cross trax for $2000, I would still want to superglide the deck and add superclamps. But 2 piece ramp, not sure how I feel about that. Would like to see one in action.

Brand new denali for $1700+glides & clamps. Again two piece ramp...

Or this used marathon which looks like it's in good condition + glides & clamps. I think these have a telescopic ramp from what info I've been able to find.
Marathon sled/ATV deck | ATV parts, trailers, accessories | Calgary | Kijiji Mobile

I'm kind of leaning toward the marathon or a new Denali and use the money I save for sled parts or whatever. What does S&M think?

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a bulldog ( black ) 7ft with extinction, 2 superclamps for front and 2 for back , led light up under ext sides with superglides $3600

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright trailer is sold so time to decide what deck to go with, I have a few options just can't decide.

Truck boss deck for $2600 would still need to add the long box install kit to it which is $100. Already has full superglides and is full aluminum deck surface and telescopic ramp, would just need front super clamps. So all in probably $3100. Not bad for full aluminum deck but seems like a pain in the azz to remove it in the spring if needed.

Then there's a member here with a cross trax for $2000, I would still want to superglide the deck and add superclamps. But 2 piece ramp, not sure how I feel about that. Would like to see one in action.

Brand new denali for $1700+glides & clamps. Again two piece ramp...

Or this used marathon which looks like it's in good condition + glides & clamps. I think these have a telescopic ramp from what info I've been able to find.
Marathon sled/ATV deck | ATV parts, trailers, accessories | Calgary | Kijiji Mobile

I'm kind of leaning toward the marathon or a new Denali and use the money I save for sled parts or whatever. What does S&M think?

Seems like you have ramps as the deciding point? I have very limited experience with 2 pc ramps but I can tell you that I love my telescopic Marathon ramp, super easy one man operation. - hook on the bar and extend it, load sled, push in and unhook from the bar, drop to tailgate and push under the deck.

24V E30

Reaction score
Ya that's why I'm on the fence about a 2 piece ramp, telescopic is easy even for one person.

Top Bottom