Sled deck decking?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of what the best option is for decking replacement? i don't really want to do the plywood again. I was thinking something along the line of some sort of composite plastic. does anywhere know where to get something like that?

I would mind hearing what everyone else is using and where to get it

thanx for the help!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use plywood then cover it in old box liner, screw it down with sheet metal or self tapping screw for walking around traction.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why dont you want to use plywood? if its the issue that the carbides tear it apart then put superglides down. Problem with a composite or poly deck is the surface finish is gonna need to be rough or your gonna break your neck standing on it. Not sure if You can even get a roughed surface sheet like your looking for.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So glad I chose Full Lotus as my deck purchase, not only is the built quality above par compared to every other deck out there I've seen or had but they use this composite decking with has a finish that actually has some traction to it. Not sure if you can buy it separately or not. On my old marathon I had I used that decking that comes on the x deck, you can buy it by the sheet at the liquidation place on the north end.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the local xdeck dealer. They advertise decking material.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 306

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just refinished my old Marathon deck this year after 15+ years of use on the plywood that it came with. After checking all of my options, including composite, i ended up just going with 3/4" treated ply again mostly due to cost. Even if i have to replace the plywood every 5 years i would still be saving money and if it lasts as long as the last decking did i figured it didn't make sense to spend on composite. Went with SuperGlide II's for guides and traction. Just my $.02

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just redid my deck with 3/4 fir plywood. Stained it first then used superglides from princess auto. Looks good and only cost about 300 bucks. When I was doing deck research read that treated plywood will react with the aluminum. Only took afternoon to do. Have fun

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see alot of you guys are going the high end plywood route and then covering it up with glides. i went a bout just some regular plywood from home depo but then i got to thinking i should probably get the high end stuff and do it. all i want is something i don't have to replace for a decent amount of time

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the trim for my super glides. Puts a nice finish look on there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 233

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross-Trax is carrying 3/4" poly decking. It's awesome looking stuff...it has a textured finish, and doesn't appear to be any more slippery than plywood. It's not cheap to retro-fit a deck with it, but you'll never have to replace it again.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep for sure....give Wes a call at 403-782-7284. They're in Lacombe.

Top Bottom