sled deck brands

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Marlon with aluminum deck, its been great. I really like the ramp, it pulls out easy and slides to extend.

That's the Explore Pro? How do you like the super track on the sides? I have my heart set on one of those but again, some form of weather shielding around the bottom would be sweet.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it's the year before the explorer, I guess that would make it a 2014.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old style marathons are great.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned several brands of decks over the years, here is my take on what available in the market :

Marathon Classic ( no longer produced ) good deck all around - prone to cracked welds with HD use / telescopic ramps can bend at the intersection point mine bent frequently . Sides can freeze in in cold weather - ui used to carry a rubber mallet to bang them out

STF (no longer produced) - solid decks, but a 2 pc ramp that isnt the strongest

Cross Trax - good decks although IMO not the best looking . Poor quality wood, sides of the wood very prone to warping . good wiring . 2 Pc ramps are strong but a PIA to put together before use

Marlon Decks - decent looking , poor wiring - powdercoating fades after a couple years , poor frame design many cracked welds - ok ramp setup

Denali Decks - Terrible wiring ! horrible 2 pc ramp setup . wood that looks like wet cardboard after a year . Basically a very bad copy of the Marathon classic decks unless your only using your decks 1 or 2 times a year stay away

Titan Decks - better than the Denali, decent telescopic ramp - marginal quality wood . looks very nice . wiring is junk . decks are built decent and mine did hold up very well after i Rewired it and coated the wood

M Line decks - very very pricey , great decks if your budget is unlimited . I wouldnt own one unless i was using it for work and able to write off

Full Lotus Decks - well built and way too expensive . I am not a fan of how they look but i know some people like their looks . good telescopic ramp . Very heavy deck even heavier than a lot of steel decks out there . careful on your payload capacity

Marathon Truck Boss - looks very nice ! Like the idea on a sealed box - very pricey - I really wanted one of these for my latest deck . did a lot of research , talked to a number of owners of these and looked at them many times . i did get one common complaint from owners that was the sides were very difficult or even impossible to slide out in cold temps . this was a deal breaker for me as i have experience with al older marathon with this issue. after looking how they are constructed i could see how they were easy to freeze up . Also they still use the same old marathon ramp design , i knicknamed mime " ol Bendy " as every few times of use i would have to flip it over and bend it straight. I will keep an eye on these deck if they can improve it may be my next deck purchase

X truck deck - (my current deck) good design, they way they are put together is very good . a lot of thought in how they are made instead of just adding more material till they are strong . the most simple and best looking deck IMO . awesome ramp design for loading . safest angle especially for lifted and 1 ton trucks ! the ramp is super strong but a bit heavy and cumbersome to deal with especially at first . the wiring is good but the connectors they use corrode out after a year ( i just soldered and heat shrinked mine ) Overall a very good deck expecially considering the price . they are very reasonable if you call around and check a few dealers

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't mean to high jack but i am in the market to and been looking around, anyone have any experience with the crosstrax decks they seem to be good but would like to get a good review.
I have a crosstrax and its heavy duty. Not a thin lightweight cheapo. 2 piece ramp I think is 10'6 long. The black stain is starting to fade but no issues yet. And not to expensive.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a sky-hi and an old style fixed side marathon and now a full lotus. Full lotus is the tits but not cheap and damn heavy. Love everything else about it.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned several brands of decks over the years, here is my take on what available in the market :

Marathon Classic ( no longer produced ) good deck all around - prone to cracked welds with HD use / telescopic ramps can bend at the intersection point mine bent frequently . Sides can freeze in in cold weather - ui used to carry a rubber mallet to bang them out

STF (no longer produced) - solid decks, but a 2 pc ramp that isnt the strongest

Cross Trax - good decks although IMO not the best looking . Poor quality wood, sides of the wood very prone to warping . good wiring . 2 Pc ramps are strong but a PIA to put together before use

Marlon Decks - decent looking , poor wiring - powdercoating fades after a couple years , poor frame design many cracked welds - ok ramp setup

Denali Decks - Terrible wiring ! horrible 2 pc ramp setup . wood that looks like wet cardboard after a year . Basically a very bad copy of the Marathon classic decks unless your only using your decks 1 or 2 times a year stay away

Titan Decks - better than the Denali, decent telescopic ramp - marginal quality wood . looks very nice . wiring is junk . decks are built decent and mine did hold up very well after i Rewired it and coated the wood

M Line decks - very very pricey , great decks if your budget is unlimited . I wouldnt own one unless i was using it for work and able to write off

Full Lotus Decks - well built and way too expensive . I am not a fan of how they look but i know some people like their looks . good telescopic ramp . Very heavy deck even heavier than a lot of steel decks out there . careful on your payload capacity

Marathon Truck Boss - looks very nice ! Like the idea on a sealed box - very pricey - I really wanted one of these for my latest deck . did a lot of research , talked to a number of owners of these and looked at them many times . i did get one common complaint from owners that was the sides were very difficult or even impossible to slide out in cold temps . this was a deal breaker for me as i have experience with al older marathon with this issue. after looking how they are constructed i could see how they were easy to freeze up . Also they still use the same old marathon ramp design , i knicknamed mime " ol Bendy " as every few times of use i would have to flip it over and bend it straight. I will keep an eye on these deck if they can improve it may be my next deck purchase

X truck deck - (my current deck) good design, they way they are put together is very good . a lot of thought in how they are made instead of just adding more material till they are strong . the most simple and best looking deck IMO . awesome ramp design for loading . safest angle especially for lifted and 1 ton trucks ! the ramp is super strong but a bit heavy and cumbersome to deal with especially at first . the wiring is good but the connectors they use corrode out after a year ( i just soldered and heat shrinked mine ) Overall a very good deck expecially considering the price . they are very reasonable if you call around and check a few dealers

Good review. You weren't kidding, you have owned a few lol.

I have a crosstrax and its heavy duty. Not a thin lightweight cheapo. 2 piece ramp I think is 10'6 long. The black stain is starting to fade but no issues yet. And not to expensive.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine has a cross trax as well and loves it. 4 years, zero issues. Not a crack anywhere.

I've had a sky-hi and an old style fixed side marathon and now a full lotus. Full lotus is the tits but not cheap and damn heavy. Love everything else about it.

They are nice aren't they..

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my TruckBoss but like mentioned above the sides are guilty of freezing out / in. When this happens I take it to the car wash to spray water on it and warm it up quickly and move them in / out. The sealed box is fabulous but a pain to take off the truck seasonally. I now keep it on year round. That being said sure glad I bought a TruckBoss.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good review. You weren't kidding, you have owned a few lol.

Buddy of mine has a cross trax as well and loves it. 4 years, zero issues. Not a crack anywhere.

They are nice aren't they..

I've had a lot of issues with my Cross-Trax from day one (wiring, lights and powder coating). Jury is still out on whether they're going to make it right or not. I'll post an update here once it's resolved.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four years on a Full Lotus. Really happy with it. Got lucky and bought one before they had the prices jacked up. A few minor problems but I love the composite decking.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Crosstrax in 2005 and it was a great deck. But definitely had some wear and tear on it. Friend of mine bought it as a project.

Subsequently bought a used Marathon truck boss and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Mark a shout at M-Line in GP, they build a well made deck both for work and play.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
I have never seen worse welding than on an x-deck. Both guys I know that have them have had major problems with the welds snapping in half. Nearly no penetration in the welds it looks like they used JB Weld. My stf deck on the other hand has never had a single issue, but hey it also wasn't welded in china by a 12yr old in a sweat shop.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the new Marlon Xplore Pro decks? Ive got a pre 2014 Marlon deck and was thinking about upgrading!

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never seen worse welding than on an x-deck. Both guys I know that have them have had major problems with the welds snapping in half. Nearly no penetration in the welds it looks like they used JB Weld. My stf deck on the other hand has never had a single issue, but hey it also wasn't welded in china by a 12yr old in a sweat shop.

Wow that's quite an ignorant comment !
Maybe you should check the tags on most of the chit you own !
Nevermind China a where the workers are in control and there is nil child labour ( yes my job takes me there for 2 months a year for the past 20 )
Your clothing and other goods are now coming from Bangladesh and Pakistan with much much worse human right issues !

Gramstyle

Reaction score
Hi folks, first time poster, long time lurker. Looking to purchase a 7 foot deck in the next few days. I can get a new Marlon Xplore Pro installed at an all-in price of 5000.

Does anyone have one of these new decks? I can't find any reviews on them.

I have two quads I will be hauling around and the deck will be on top of a short box Ram 3500.

I can the same deck in the older Marlon style for 3650 installed. Does anyone know if the build quality is any different between 2015 and 2016 models?

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, first time poster, long time lurker. Looking to purchase a 7 foot deck in the next few days. I can get a new Marlon Xplore Pro installed at an all-in price of 5000.

Does anyone have one of these new decks? I can't find any reviews on them.

I have two quads I will be hauling around and the deck will be on top of a short box Ram 3500.

I can the same deck in the older Marlon style for 3650 installed. Does anyone know if the build quality is any different between 2015 and 2016 models?
Ive got the pre 2015 model, all aluminum, only issue ive really has was with extension being a bit of a bitch sliding and out and the powdercoating chipping, im also looking at uprading to an XPlor Pro, they look nice.

Top Bottom